Syd went this afternoon.......kicked off in Vets......eventually was subdued........came home ..not happy Pussy......Vet said what lovely lucky Cats after their traumatic beginnings........

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I strongly suggest anyone thinking of 'Adopting'' a Kitten don;t.....   Have two instead.........Babs and Syd are giving us so much pleasure in these 'Lockdown' times..........they playfight

#11 Just for you Fly.

I love cats....we lost ours through mouth cancer last March, it was devastating, we had her for years, I will never own another, to heartbreaking when they pass away................I am feeding a very

Up-date on Syd and Babs......both doing great.. Syd going to be a big boy ..im sure hes trebled in size in the last month...

They woke me up this morning ..snoring by the side of me...Syd can open doors...so they have complete run of the house....

Babs goes for second injection today,,,not told her yet....

• Like 1

Love em to bits Jill.......looking forward to seeing them on the Garden when the weather is better.........big garden they'll find lots to be curious about..........

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Babs took to Vets this morning......for neutering and Chip......pick her up at 4.30...

Don't know who's more upset Donna or Syd.........Syd's gone on a wrecking spree.....chewed up some artificial flowers and scattered toilet rolls in Bathroom........his turn in a fortnight...

• Like 1

You're doing the safe and sensible thing. Nothing worse than irresponsible cat owners who don't spay and neuter, then throw the poor female out when she's in kitten and not much more than a kitten herself!  Those people I could happily string up!

Babs will need a bit of spoiling when she gets home! Chicken dinner and loads of cuddles!

• Like 1

Syd's been worried all day........he looked so pleased when she came home...and went straight to her with that little soft ''Meow'' that Cats do........Babs not happy and won't talk to me or anyone else .feel real sorry for her.............

• Like 2

She's good Jill........Syd keeps asking her to play....but she's refusing..........Had food for first time in the night and got in bed with Syd for a cuddle............

Edit..Vet just rang to check she's ok...

• Like 3

Just had a Traumatic 3 days.............Syd went missing...........

Never been out since we had him 4 months ago........

We think he squeezed out thru a kitchen window that was only slightly Ajar.......but hes strong now and must have done it........

I thought thats it..we had seen the last of him...but Donna was beside herself ..out on the garden every hour...even thru the nights....she contacted all the neighbours...phoned the Vet......and went on facebook where she had over 70 responses...one of my sons came up and toured the area asking everyone he saw.......

Anyway one oclock this morning Donna heard a Meow from next doors garden...when she was out calling him...

Cut a long story short two hours later (3am) she got him...by opening a tin of Best Salmon and leaving the back door open......in he Strolled........as if nowt had happened.......i;m proud of Donna she just wouldnt give up.........

Think Syd is going to have an Adventurous life....

Lad int he........lol.......Now sat purring on Donna's lap..........

• Like 1

I'm so glad you've found him! At that age...and he's still an entire male...they are off at the slightest opportunity.  He's either been on the trail of a queen on heat or he's been shut in somewhere.

I know how Donna feels. Get him done, Donna, or you'll never have any sleep at night.

I'd recommend getting Syd neutered, too! ;)

• Like 3

Hes due for all that Jill.........Babs done first......Syd's turn next week.........

I feel for you both.  We have had cats go missing and we are  like Donna - out calling for them and walking the streets, also posting the village Facebook sites.  

One of our cats went missing and never returned, one went missing because she was trying to get somewhere secluded so she could die in peace (In the house, I knew she was probably nearing the end but I kept gently poking bits of tasty food in her mouth and syringing in dribbles of water .... that was a long time ago and I wouldn't do that now!)  We found her curled up in long grass in a neighbour's very overgrown garden a couple of days later.

One of our present cats (male) occasionally goes missing for a few days at a time and despite all our efforts never actually gets 'found''. He just strolls in as though nothing has happened!   He is neutered.

So I can really empathise with you both.  I hope the neutering will encourage him to stay around locally.

Years ago we had a huge Cat turn up and just sat on our garden for most of a day.......we had two other Cats at the time..and they just ignored him....we think he was about 2 years old,,,we fed him and it was obvious he wanted to move in..which he did.........he went out most days and was very gentle with the other Cats...we named him ''Big Ralphie..'''

Then after two years he went out and was gone 2 years.........returning as if he;d never been gone....he disappeared again about 5 years later.......and never returned...

• Upvote 1

Some years ago, a black and white moggie came walking down the path. It was a spring evening and dusk was falling. He came to within feet of the kitchen door and then ran away. I waited and watched while he repeated the exercise many times.  I had the sense that he was hungry but too scared to come any closer.  Eventually, I put food and water out and he got stuck in. He hissed at me but when he'd eaten, he wound himself round my legs, purring.

He wouldn't come in but every day after that, for several months, he turned up morning and evening, ate, had a bit of fuss and then disappeared. I could set my clock by him. I named him Felix. He wore no collar and didn't look like Six Dinner Sid, so I assumed he wasn't dining with the neighbours.

One mornng, he didn't turn up. I was worried and called him, rattling his dish. Nothing. Evening came and still nothing.  Weeks went by and one Sunday I was working at the bottom of the garden when who should turn up but Felix. I called to him. He looked at me as though he didn't know me from Adam!  Stalked off and I never set eyes on him again.  He still wasn't wearing a collar but he looked well fed and in good health.

I'll never know the reason why he so suddenly arrived, nor why he so suddenly left but I'm happy to have fed him and loved him while he needed it. After all, it's his life and none of my business!

• Like 3

Poor old Syd   ...........going to be done this morning ..plus an Hernia OP..........The dreaded cat box is on the kitchen table.....and i reckon he knows.......he'll be gone all day..bless him...

Syd will be fine, Ben.  Neutering is the responsible thing to do. I'd make it compulsory...and not just for cats!

I've never encountered a cat with a hernia but, according to the excellent surgeon who's repaired two hernias for a friend of mine, most little boys are born with a weakness somewhere which will one day become a hernia. Many are repaired as babies nowadays.  It's perhaps the same with cats.

A chicken dinner and loads of cuddles tonight when he comes home! Bless him. Give him an extra big cuddle from me!

• Like 1

I had an Hernia when i was 18,,,in Hospital a week,,,caused i think by 'Humping'' barrels of Butter at 'Marsdens''......

Trina gave me a big cuddle the night i came out,,,nearly bust me 'Stitches''.........lol

• Like 3

Apparently,feline hernias are not common but they can be born with an umbilical hernia, as can humans.  Male humans are more prone to hernias due to the arrangement of their anatomy and their tendency to lift heavy weights.   Butter barrels, indeed. It was sweeping big Maude off her feet wot did it! 

• Like 2

A week Loppy,,, City hospital, nightingale ward,,with about 20 other blokes,,10 ish beds down either side,,nurses in proper uniform,, and an ash tray at side of each bed,,lol,

• Like 1

Things have really changed.  I was in and out within 5 hours.  They just drill three holes in yer.  Shove a camera in and fixit.  Less agro tnan a dentist visit.  Nurses weren't wearing uniforms either.

• Like 1