I used to like to go along and see Notts play Forest in those fairly short-lived days when they were competing on equal terms. This was Tuesday 13th April 1976. Score was 0-0, and the attendance was over 28,000 which must be the biggest crowd I was ever in at Meadow Lane. In fact it was bigger than turned out at the City Ground for the reverse fixture earlier in the season - probably due to Brian Clough having started to pull Forest around.

The programme was in a newspaper format for which there was a slight craze among some clubs at the time (Derby being another), but despite the amount of space there was no league table given.

Untitled-Scanned-01_zpsyuq6woou.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-02_zpse1js8hxr.jpg

I had this 'programme' autographed by most of the Notts and Florist teams, I then waited ages and ages to get Brian Cloughs autograph, but got it I did. It would be worth a few bob nowadays too, but like most things I had of any value, my mother through it away!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tidying up a cupboard, I've sorted through my old football programmes, and I thought I'd start to put a few images on here relating to the various Nottinghamshire clubs. Starting with my first ever

IMHO the problem with gambling is that it's just as addictive and damaging as smoking and alcohol. Smoking is thankfully in decline and as a result the government is receiving much less duty from toba

Crying me eyes out @ Wembley on Sunday, crying me eyes out in Market Square Monday, still crying watching clips @ the final whistle & the celebrations, can’t help it, think I’ve gone soft?

It was even more enjoyable knowing that the sheep were beaten at Burton on Friday night ! 

Good one Fly, Derby 18th five points from five games. We get one live free to air EPL game each weekend, first time for years. Watched the first three games of the new season. Can any football expert on here tell my why the referees do not crack down on all the shirt pulling, arm holding, and general obstruction that goes on at corner kicks and free kicks into the penalty area. They need to give a few free kicks for obstruction, that would soon stop it. Or do we need another ref to keep an eye on this sort of stuff.

7 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Can any football expert on here tell my why the referees do not crack down on all the shirt pulling, arm holding, and general obstruction that goes on at corner kicks and free kicks into the penalty area.

Actually they've been instructed to do so this season, but of course all the players and managers (especially Mark Hughes) are moaning about it when something is given against their team.

Forest's Oliver Burke sold to Leipzig for £13 million . Crazy money for someone who only played 30 odd games !

• Upvote 1

So they sell a young lad who's just started scoring goals and keeping Forest competitive.  Why do Forest always have to sell their best players?  Must be desperate for the money?  

• Upvote 2

Agree David,.......and still a teenager,...........doesn't show much ambition on Forest part,despite what Fawaz says.................

I agree Lizzie, but as you well know, Forest have done this for over 50 years. 

Ridiculous, but not totally unexpected. Ambition my ar5e. 

The sale of Antonio to W. Ham proves that but well done to him for getting in the England squad .

This was just flagged up on my Yahoo feed . Very funny video of the bizarre meeting  with Cloughie for Dean Saunders when he wanted to sign him .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dean-saunders-reveals-epic-story-8755334

• 1 year later...

I dint know where to put this as I don't know owt about football,any one remember this from 1961

P1060486.jpg

Rog

Danny Blanchflower,,Bobby Smith,,Cliff Jones,,,Dave Mackay,,Terry Dyson,,.....among others.........

• Like 1

Wasn't it Banks that spotted Shilton's talent whilst Shilton was still a schoolboy?

Shilton will forever be remembered for the "Hand of God" goal by Maradona in the 86 world cup and Banks for the save from Pele in the 1970 world cup and on the basis of that save my vote would go to Gordon Banks. But this in no way detracts from the skill and presence of Peter Shilton.

They are both in the top 5 of the worlds best ever goalkeepers

• 4 months later...

Just watching Wolves and Man City 1-0 early in the second half. Dubious goal

During the commentary it was mentioned that Wolves had 5 Portuguese players in their starting line up. Not including their manager, guess where he was from, you got it...……..Portugal

English Premier League my ar$e. There ought to be a limit on how many "forrin" players are allowed in a team

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

With you all the way there Red..............RIP Mr Banks

Edit,, just read up about him,,,he had to sell his world cup medal and cap,,a few years ago..

How things have changed,,also on the news a full back transferred from Arsenal and his pay will be £400,OOO, PER WEEK !!

• Like 1

Think i'll sell my only Medal,,................Runners up  1956 Redfearn cup Bulwell ,,,  Henry Whipple 2  St Marys 6,,...........might get ten bob..........lol

• 3 months later...

Found this old photo fascinating, Not one baseball cap in sight? Did the bloke in the bash hat put it on before he went in? That bloke hiding his face, bunking off work, youth in school cap & scarf bunking off school, chuffing on a pipe :huh: no women or replica football shirts. 

D8hWVBSX4AAFD2Y?format=jpg&name=large

• 3 months later...

I apologise in advance     Please don;t say Notts this is Notts County we are Nottingham Forest  well done Nottm Forest