43 minutes ago, oldphil said:

She introduced me to all manner of exotic brands(no sniggering) ; Camel (oval and tasted of camel dung) Pall Mall, long and sophisticated, Passing Clouds. And Picadilly, because we saw them being chuffed on "the Sweeney". All of them made us lads look the business - so we thought. Think the girls thought otherwise, though.

So very true Phil....we copied our hero's in smoking....showing off to the girls by flicking a cig from packet to mouth...mostly missing...even with my Gob....and falling off a Bar-stool in the process...........happy days....''Fag Duck''?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tidying up a cupboard, I've sorted through my old football programmes, and I thought I'd start to put a few images on here relating to the various Nottinghamshire clubs. Starting with my first ever

IMHO the problem with gambling is that it's just as addictive and damaging as smoking and alcohol. Smoking is thankfully in decline and as a result the government is receiving much less duty from toba

Crying me eyes out @ Wembley on Sunday, crying me eyes out in Market Square Monday, still crying watching clips @ the final whistle & the celebrations, can’t help it, think I’ve gone soft?

You set me thinking of the brands I've smoked over the years starting with Woodbines - Park Drive - before I realised it's quite a long list. Most unusaul were the multi-coloured cocktail ciggies and very long ones we called Joysticks.

Parkies were sold in fives at one time in an open topped packet, I think they were 9d. Smoking for over fifty years I really wouldn't want to know how much they cost me.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I knew. Hindley slightly when í lived in Peterborough,, he used to come to training. Sessions with Chris Turner former player and manager,,when i played for a Railway club team down there,,

Seemed a nice bloke,,he put me right one time in the changing room,, i had stated that Wally Ardron was forest best ever centre forward,, he said,"your wrong mate,it was my Dad,,

RIP Peter,,

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I am exhausted after listening to the Stags game last night between 12:30 and 2:00am, not the outcome we all wished for. Going to do the same again tonight, it is half an hour later kick off. Let's hope the Reds can do better and gain promotion back to the Premier league.

Just seen news about a crash closing two lanes southbound on the M1 between junctions 23 and 22 for the Lurgerburger area. Hope no one is seriously injured and that it does not result in people getting delayed.

• 2 weeks later...

Awful game, but the best I've have ever been to, walking down Wembley Way with my Son wish we had sat together, my mates, the mass out pouring of joy @ the final whistle, taking my daughter & granddaughter to the Market Square celebrations the next day, if only i could bottle it & relive it again & again.

This fans video & just about sums it up.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Bit bleary eyed this morning having listened to the Forest game on BBC5 early this morning. Not the result we were hoping for but if memory serves me correctly they always found it difficult to win at St James Park. From the commentary it seems that Forest were never in the game and had done very well to hold the score at 0-0 at half time. It sounds like they gave the ball away far too often and were far from being a cohesive unit, probably due to the number of player changes.

On a brighter note County thumped Maidenhead 3-0 lets hope it is a promotion year for the Maggies

Stags have had a mixed start with one win and one loss, promotion for them would be good too having missed out in the play-offs.

The Rams and the Imps have had pretty average starts to their seasons too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Back in early 2021 i wrote in this thread that 8 of the teams shirts in the EPL are sponsored by gambling companies. This is more or less the same as it has been for the last five seasons.

Teams sponsored by gambling companies are :- Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Brentford, Burnley, Everton, Fulham, West Ham and last but not least Nottingham Forest. Shame on you Reds. As yet Chelsea have not announced their shirt sponsor.

Of the elite clubs in the EPL not one of them are sponsored by gambling companies, perhaps they are rich enough not to need their grubby money.