Should be a good light show from the northern parts of Scotland tonight, been a large solar flare.

As Oldace says, no lights to be seen - no darkness to see them against. However, for my 65th this year I'm taking the Hurtigruten ferry from Bergen up to Kirkenes (12 days) to see if I can get an arctic circle view of the lights. Despite being in the far north we still don't see them as often as we would like.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

I have just heard that the Northern Lights (Or what was it?) were seen in the W-ton Skies tuther night. I don't think there was a lot to see, but I would have liked to have seen the sight anyway. I got to wondering how many people have witnessed this show in different parts of the country. I know our Compo gets to see them more than most of us. It will be interesting to know the locations anywhere that they have been seen.

http://www.expressandstar.com/picture-galleries/news-pictures/2016/02/01/whats-that-in-the-sky-over-wolverhampton/56afbf99778522-54248734-image/

• Upvote 1

They were actually visible as far south as Oxfordshire last night. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

The Edinburgh skies were full of the Northern Lights last night. Taken by a friend at Newhaven Harbour.

12832567_10154034320432481_6848682430669

Photo taken last night near another friend's home in the Highlands.

12802866_922742157839793_826673781163214

• Upvote 4