• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie # 24 Frequent bus services has been uppermost in my thoughts in the past couple of years. We bought some land in rural Buckinghamshire, well actually we've only paid the deposit so far. 2 ye

So Mick, you had A Ticket to Ride.

Sorry, I did veer off the subject of Bus Passes there. The fact is, since having a bus pass I use public transport a lot more, it's convenient for me where I now live, with the added bonus that it's

Did it with a bit of triangulation using the names of the villages you mentioned. I love road maps and if anyone mentions the name of a place I just HAVE TO look it up!

• Upvote 2

I suppose the answer to my post about the travel pass,is I feel I still have something to offer,and TBI touched on it.I feel written off!! I'm supposed to be going on injections for my osteo arthritis, taters to that!

A lady I knew was suffering from tennis elbow. Her GP said he would give her a cortisone injection. She said to him, "We were planning to be at a party tonight. Any problem with drinking alcohol?" "My dear," he replied, "With the pain the injection will bring on, I would advise you to be totally legless by nine o' clock tonight!"

• Upvote 1

With regards to a bus pass I don't have one but SWMBO certainly does and uses it with relish. Last week she went back to Buxton to see family, this involved a bus into town, then on to Derby and finally the Trans Peak to Buxton. You should have heard the moaning when it transpired that in order to make the connections she wanted she would be T'wirly for the first bus into town and would have to pay!!!!

• Upvote 1

I went out this morning to get the 9.30am bus but when it arrived the driver said I was 'twirly' so I had to pay. No big deal, only £1.80. But I was irritated when he pulled into the NEXT STOP, cut his engine and got out his newspaper and waited a good five minutes stationary because he was running early. <sigh>

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Did it with a bit of triangulation using the names of the villages you mentioned. I love road maps and if anyone mentions the name of a place I just HAVE TO look it up!

I'm the same with road maps Margie,well maps in general,when i was travelling around the country used to love studying the maps first.Ive never used a Sat-nav and never got lost either............good thing is you can buy road maps very cheap nowadays.

Margie, try "Houghton Conquest", quite a history! Re bus passes don't lose it, I did recently & it cost me over £20, £10 for the pass plus fares to Broad Marsh etc. but only 3 days for the new pass to arrive in the post! Can't be done over the counter as previously at Sth. Parade due to 'insufficient' space at B M & Victoria bus stations!