• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie # 24 Frequent bus services has been uppermost in my thoughts in the past couple of years. We bought some land in rural Buckinghamshire, well actually we've only paid the deposit so far. 2 ye

So Mick, you had A Ticket to Ride.

Sorry, I did veer off the subject of Bus Passes there. The fact is, since having a bus pass I use public transport a lot more, it's convenient for me where I now live, with the added bonus that it's

Nice if you've got a bus pass. If I were a few months older I would have got mine at sixty. Now I've got to wait until sixty-five, unless they change the rules again. :(

I bet the drivers don't believe you're that old Lizzie !!!!!! LOL

• Upvote 1

Mine neither, most upsetting. LOL

Just applied for mine from Lincs county council, I thought I would have to wait until I was 65 but no,I can claim my bus pass at the age of 62 years and 7 months,don't ask me how they come by that figure but there you go thats the councils for you

Rog

In Nottingham you can't use it after 10 30 or 11.00 pm not sure which it is ,any time at the weekend so basically all bus pass holders should be in bed early in the week much to old to be out enjoying our selfs !

Actually you can't use it until 9:30 am up to 11:00 pm Monday to Friday and anytime weekends up to 11:00 pm.

• Upvote 1

what about star regulars they kick us out at 12.30 dos,e this infringe our human rights?

#18.

Rog, that is in line with the retirement age of women, as the women's retirement age goes up each year then everyone will retire at the same age eventually.

Mrs Catfan just lost out & now has to wait another 6 years.

Some councils still issue bus passes at 60 tho for men & women, it is up to the individual councils, also welsh & scots enjoy OAP bus passes at 60 ! Also No hospital car park charges either there & not forgetting free prescriptions at any age !

I got my OAP pass at 62 years & 3 months.

• Upvote 2

We have an almost hourly service from our village to Ely and I can use my bus pass after 9.30am but the last bus home is early evening!! Trouble is, nearly everyone who uses the bus seems to have a bus pass so I don't know how long that service will continue! The parking in Ely is free so most people still use their cars. If I want to go to Cambridge on the bus, I have to get off at the next but one village, then wait 5 - 20 minutes for the connecting bus. I hope you 'townies' realise how lucky you are to have frequent buses....

#18.

...also welsh & scots enjoy OAP bus passes at 60 ! Also No hospital car park charges either there & not forgetting free prescriptions at any age !

Yes, I suppose the free prescriptions make up for only being able to use the bus passes within Wales. I'm not bothered about hospital car park charges as I use my bus pass to get there!

• Upvote 1