Now Cliff Ton said something a while back that fascinated me. It was that we may have all been in close proximity to each other, be it on a bus, train, workplace or in a pub or a chippy. We may not have known each other personally meaning knowing each other's names or families but we did share the same city and this is as good a place I can think of to start. . We may not have known each other at the time due to different ages, areas of Nottingham, but we may have been faces on the bus, train etc.

So, who can link with me? I'll start - Trent Bridge to Radford Road bus stop 1971-1977 (or if you like the reverse of that, in the morning, from Radford Road, which is now the tram stop, to Trent Bridge) Bus numbers would be appreciated. I recall 44 43 or 70 something. Can anyone for certain recall Mundella pupils from that era on those buses? I was certainly one of them.

Lets see where this takes us.

• Upvote 1

Mercury I got off the 44 every morning Radford rd/Gregory Boul..every morning,then got school bus to Becket outside Bits & bobs emporium.saw mundellas but didn't chat..probably did with Catfan ..he was pilot!!

1974 - 1986 as Ian says I was a pilot on 43, 44, & 71 later 44, 71, 75, 85 & 95 in fact any bus along Radford Road. My mother finished her days living in Hyson Green flats.

Also lived at Hyson Green 1969 - 1975.Hazlewood Road & Birkin Ave.

Slightly jumping sideways, but staying in the Radford area, in the 1960s we often used to visit my grandparents by travelling on the service which went from the city centre, up Derby Road to Canning Circus, then down Alfreton Road towards Gregory Boulevard.

The buses often had a crew change at Caulton Street (a mystery which Catfan explained a few months ago).

We lived on Bridlington St from about 1954 - 58 opposite the Blue Star Garage. I remember a manhole cover in Alfreton Rd that rattled as traffic continually wore it loose. Dad wen to it one Saturday night with a small piece of firewood and a hammer. It never rattled again !!!!

• Upvote 1

During 1966. #22 bus from Stockhill lane, basford to Hanley St and back again at 4:30 p.m. Before that many times on Trent bus from Netherfield to Huntingdon Street for evenings at the Palais, Colemans or other such entertainments.

My bus was the 22 from Amesbury Circus. Rode it til 1968, so most likely shared it with you at some time, loppylugs.

Mine was the E8 or F5 Midland General, or the 63 corpo bus to the top of Wollaton Vale. Other than that, it was Shanks' pony.

1960s - 1970s - 67 & 68 Clifton to Nottingham.

Sometimes a 61A but can't remember the route for that....??

Also the South Notts service (Loughborough to Nottm) past Clifton Green.

Occasionally a red Barton bus Ruddington to Nottm..

1950s - 40 trolley bus Wilford Road Terminus into town.

We must've been on the same bus a few times ! 61, 61a, 67 and 68, and the South Notts services !

61a went all the way round Farnborough Road and finished at Fairham. No houses on one side of the road for most of that route.

My bus was 1960's &70's No. 30 or 62 from Denton Green into town via Coleby Road or No. 32 Moor Road into town via Strelley Road.

Going to work it was 30 or 62 to Bentick Road then No. 58 from Hartley Road to Castle Boulevard via Lenton Boulevard.

Going to Bulwell it was a No.55 from Bilborough via Broxtowe Estate, Bells Lane. Cinderhill.

About 1958 to 1975, NCT number 69 from Rolleston Drive Arnold to Long Row, outside Lyons Cafe. Caught the same bus to work but got off at Carrington Lido and walked through to New Basford, along Beech Avenue.

Buses to other parts of Arnold were 20 to Surgeys Lane area, 52 to Killisick and 57 to Redhill.

From 1958ish until 1963 I always used the 31 from Mapperley to go into town. Coming home from town I used the 10 towards Arnold, getting off at the bottom of Woodthorpe Drive, the 31 to Mapperley or the 25 (either way)

My school bus was the 25 going down Westdale Lane in the morning and coming back up after school.

When I started work at Harlow Wood hospital in 1960, for the first few months I still lived at home and got the bus from the bottom of Woodthorpe Drive towards Mansfield at about 8am every day, returning after leaving work about 5pm. The only people I remember on that bus were a couple of lads who went to Queen Elizabeth GS in Mansfield every day.

• 5 years later...

Yep RR, that was my mode of transport for quite a few years ....... Long Row, outside Lyons to Rolleston Drive Arnold.  Every 20 minutes, last bus from town was 22.50 and if I wasn’t on that my Dad was walking the streets looking for me!