When did the bus to Arnold stop being a 10?  I sometimes used to get that one , getting off at Woodthorpe Drive, instead of the 31 to Mapperley

Don't  think trolley buses ever went up into Arnold Lizzie, (it were an attempt at light heartedness).

That no.46 is shown at Trent Bridge, at the Southern end of Arkwright st. & London Rd.

I realise you were joking BK but wasn’t entirely sure whether Trolley buses went into ‘actual’ Arnold, whereas I lived up the hill towards Mapperley Plains.  
All the bus numbers changed after I’d moved away Margie, but I never caught the No. 10, was the terminus on Arno Vale Road?  
I used to walk from home along to the bottom of Breckhill to catch the 25 when I was at Digby College, after leaving school.  

The no.10 used to go round Thackeray's Lane island and terminated at just past the old railway bridge. The route was subsequently extended along Arno Vale Rd. as far as Coningsby Rd. The destination said '10 Arno Vale Estate' which upset the locals as they didn't think they lived on an 'Estate'. We left the area in '62 so I don't know what happened after that.

The 10 used to go along Arno Vale, Somersby and terminate on Whitby crescent. It was replaced by the 56 which continued down Gedling Road, up Ramsey drive and down Coppice. Forgive me if that's not quite right, it was nearly 40 years ago.

• Upvote 2

I’ve no idea if that’s right, den.  All I know is that up to 1961, when I needed to go home after being in town, used to catch either the 10 or the 31 - whichever one looked as if it was leaving first!    The 31 was always my preferred option though.