Well, what can one say....... Utter crap. Let's hope that the Who pull something out of the bag tonight.

After all, they are one of the top live bands of all time.

• Upvote 2

And before anyone says "modern music is rubbish, the old stuff is better" I thought Burt Bacharach was the most awful, embarrassing thing I've ever seen at a Glastonbury. Some people need to admit they are past it.

His track record is superb as a writer, producer and arranger. Not many others are anywhere near close. But he looked like an old man let out of a nursing home, not really knowing where he was or what he was doing.

Glastonbury got it right in the past with Johnny Cash, Tony Bennett, Tom Jones, but they came unstuck this time.

• Upvote 1

Last saw them at Plumpton National Jazz & Blues Festival 1970 Awsome beyond believe.

What was that load of rubbish from that West person last night? the best part of that act was when someone stormed the stage and took over for a couple of minutes

Rog

Didn't see that bit Rog, I just had to turn it off, absolute total rubbish. At least we only had to suffer it from the comfort of our armchairs and we had an OFF button.

I've never been tempted to go to Glastonbury or any other such events. The thought of trying to get a view of the stage from miles back, having to stand all day, not being able to find a clean loo and then sleeping in a damp tent has put me off even considering it. I'd be worried about getting lost in that crowd too, LOL.

It was great in the 60's and early 70's , but at 69, I want to sit in comfort.

I may watch Lionel Ritchie, just to give him the benefit of my doubt of his capabilities. I've only seen him once live ...... he was supporting Tina Turner at Wembley Stadium in 2000. On that occasion he was so out of tune that I decided that I would never pay to see him perform again.

I've never taken to him. There are far superior 'soul' singers around. I'll be watching ot though.

I don't tend to watch stuff like Glastonbury these days because, like you all seem to agree, it's total rubbish. I got tired of seeing the the singer and band just going through the motions and having to listen to a racket.

Lizzie, I saw Tina Turner at Woburn Abbey in 1990 and she was absolutely fantastic. Listening to Tina Turner at such a beautiful place was really special for me. I still have the large programme from the show. :)

• Upvote 1

We were living not far from there at that time Michael but didn't go to that concert. I've seen her at Wembley, Miami and Sheffield Arena. Also, back in the day I saw her with Ike in Nottingham. I'd definitely pay to see her again, do you think she'd get those 6" heels out of her wardrobe for just one more farewell tour? Ever hopeful!

• Upvote 1

I doubt it..... I saw her in Nottingham with Ike, must have been 1964 -6 something around that era.

• Upvote 1

Part of the reason for its underwhelming attraction is the endeavour to please everybody.

The good old days, it was rock and blues groups, nowadays they just try and appease the masses.

The las festival I attended was Donnington mid 80's AC / DC, Slade and Whitesnake........ Brill.

And how does Michael know ??????

The late 60's were best for having proper bands and groups at festivals.

People like to let their hair down and get rocking. Cut out the 'safe' acts. I still play Robert Plant from 2014. Awsome.