Evenin'all: as a total music but and a serious record collector, I felt Kayne's music didn't come over well,especially in that venue. Shirley Bassey in her wellies did !! As Robbie will endorse I am a rolling stones fanatic..but I went to that gig two years back in the dome..all the songs are now in a different key and Mick's voice has this "growl" now.£300 quid not well spent! Dylan,Jagger and Stewart..the voices have gone!! Saw the Who at Charlton's in '73?? Brilliant. Saw them in Dublin a while ago..Roger's voice ai'nt bad. Long story short Glastonbury.. If it don't rock..forget it !!!

Sod Glastonbury, went to Walthamstock instead. What's that, well it's an annual music festival held on the playing fields of Great Waltham C of E school just outside of Braintree. 1300 people, 2 sound stages, food, bar, (no rip off prices), nice clean bogs, take your folding chairs and a picnic. The weather was superb, the bands were mainly local, very varied in style, everyone one was bloody good, particularly a band that was a cross between Dr Feelgood and The Commitments.

A great day out, we came home put on Glastonbury then turned it off again, I haven't seen anything that impressed me, George Ezra doing Dylan's 'Girl of the North Country' perhaps and Lionel Ritchie, never a fan of his, but he really knew how to bring his repertoire over to the audience, a true showman, as for the rest, Paul Weller OK, the rest should'nt have bothered turning up,I would have wanted my money back if I'd gone.

#31 & #33 There is a viewpoint among some Who fans that Townsend and Daltrey refound their mojo as a live act because of Zak Starkey, as his animated drumming style moves the music on like Keith Moon's used to do. Never really worked out with Kenny Jones (or any of the others) as his drumming didn't fit.

It seems to have been a similar theme with a few bands. Queen never really gelled with Paul Rogers but Adam Lambert was the next best thing to Freddie, and when Led Zeppelin did their one-off Celebration Day gig back in 2007, Jason Bonham fulfilled his dad's role perfectly.

Different area of music but Reni is valued by followers as being the soul of the Stone Roses as his drumming gives the whole rose's music its unique vibe. All fell apart when he left. Hopefully reforming again soon after the last stint in 2012.

Other than The Who, where were all the rock acts, old or recent.

Where are the modern day equivalent of ZZ Top, Guns & Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers or Led Zeppelin. !!!!!!!

There's only Warren Haynes's Gov't Mule. That's it.

Blues groups......... None really, where's Joe Bonamassa, Davey Knowles, Johnny Lang or The Oli Brown Band ?

Just checked the line up for the Isle of Wight festival 1970.

Taste, Hendrix, Free, TYA, Jethro Tull, Chicago, Doors, Moody Blues, ELP, Who, Family...... Now that's a line up.

So regretful at missing that one. !!!!

Just checked the line up for the Isle of Wight festival 1970.

Taste, Hendrix, Free, TYA, Jethro Tull, Chicago, Doors, Moody Blues, ELP, Who, Family...... Now that's a line up.

So regretful at missing that one. !!!!

I think I posted this before somewhere, but you can see a lot of those acts at Isle of Wight 1970 on DVD http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_5?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=isle+of+wight&sprefix=isle+%2Cdvd%2C153&rh=n%3A283926%2Ck%3Aisle+of+wight

Got it...... Somewhere..... It's the Taste set we need issuing.

• 4 years later...