What kind of idiot........?!

What kind of idiot burns a boiled egg? Me, that's what! Put my egg on for a butty and then sat down at the computer to a bitty of Notstalgia. I was alerted to the somewhat over done egg some 25 minutes later when I smelt something very black indeed. The pan is not quite burnt through but the egg is a little over cooked. DOH!

:Fool::Fool:

• Upvote 5

549 miles from Bread and Lard Island Stephen. Similar distance from Shropshire I expect.

My ex could burn water when we first got married.

• Upvote 1

Camping in Newquay some years ago, my mate thought it would be a good idea to have one of those tinned treacle sponges. He put it in a pan of boiling water on the cooker and sat back.

A few minutes later, there was treacle and sponge everywhere - the tin had exploded because the idiot had forgotten to pierce it.

• Upvote 2

I had to clean out my drinks cupboard last night as I dropped the bottle opener and it pierced a can of Old Golden Hen. It went everywhere. I managed to salvage three quarters of it though.

• Upvote 1

When my grandparents lived on Pilkington Road in the 1950s there was one woman who owned a pressure cooker. It was widely lent and borrowed up and down the road. By all accounts it was a rather intimidating device, known by everyone as "the bomb". One day it did ! The safety valve got bunged up, and pressure continued to build up until eventually the whole thing exploded driving shards of metal into the walls and ceiling of the kitchen. Fortunately no-one was in there with it at the time - but it did serious and costly damage to the room and most of its contents.

I would never entertain a pressure cooker, they scared me to death. Mam had one, didn't use it much thank goodness, i hated potatoes done in there. Different taste altogether.

It's quite easy to be an idiot out of the kitchen. I was once taliking to a young girl involved in social work and doing a course on sign language. We discussed it for a while and then I asked if she was doing it to help her work with the blind.

• Upvote 2

One of my twin daughters when she first got married, rang her mum up to ask how to boil an egg ! not how long mind but how did you do it.

She loves cooking now and even bakes her own bread. As a child she was a real tomboy and would rather help dad at work than learn to cook from mum.

• Upvote 1