Working with horses

I am writing this on behalf of my wife to say Bless you all & that would be great Robbie, if you could do that for us please? You certainly have gone over & above for us, also Robbie we would appreciate that - again a Big Thank you.

Sorry that she cannot reply personally at the moment & she types & phrases things better than me. Her condition deteriorated & the infection is worse & I had to get the emergency Dr out to her because, within minutes of posting her last message, she was too ill to go to the Walk In Centre. I am just off to get the Antbiotics & stronger painkillers than what she is on for her normal pain. The Dr has given me strict instructions to ring for emergency help immediately if she gets worse or 999 if she'd deteriorates further & they will probably take her into Hospital.

She sends her Love & Very Kind Regards to everyone, she will certainly be up on her feet soon & she'll be in touch as soon as she feels string enough to reply or blog/thread. Until then, it's me that you have to put up with me - Sorry. Our Son's appointment with the Whitaker's will certainly not be missed, even if I have to take him by myself & leave his Mum behind. But there is time for the infection to clear & she would crawl over hot coals if necessary to get there & support him. I am his Stepfather, but he is my Son & always has been since the first day that I met him. But my wife is a people person & explains things better than I do, people are drawn to her because she cares about people & is always smiling.

I had better go & pick up the tablets & not delay further.

Thank you for Reading this.

Echo No 2 - On behalf of Echo herself.

x

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you everyone that has welcomed me. Sorry for not replying sooner. My eldest son was dragged by 2 horses he was trying to lead from a field back to the Stables where he works & didn't want

Hi Echo, I can't promise you anything but I do know the Whitaker's, the show jumping family and will have a word with them on your behalf, if you wish. They only stable thoroughbreds both their own a

Dear Everyone, It is with great happiness & joy that we report some fantastic news to you. After his work Trial, at last we can say that our Son has greatly impressed the Whitaker's in both tha

So sorry, Echos 1 & 2 about the water infection. I hope I the antibiotics will sort it out quickly - am thinking of you all.... I expect you know this already but do keep your fluids up in this hot weather x

• Upvote 1

PS:

Antibiotics on board now & she has taken the first one. They must be strong because they are a short course - it is 1 tablet twice a day for 3 days. She is drinking plenty & has always done so because since 1969 she gets dehydrated very quickly anyway. So she drinks gallons a day (no, not alcohol) & liiquid goes through her "like water" LOL. She's not Diabetic though, so that's good. But she seems to process liquid through her system quicker than I have ever known anyone do so. But even then it is not enough sometimes. Along with other health issues she has an Auto Immune disorder & so is susceptible to infections, so she tries not to have antibiotics unless absolutely necessary & only as a last resort. Luckily her Sons have not inherited the condition & so they are extremely healthy (touch wood).

She never complains about being ill, but if she comes down with something like a chest infection, it usually ends up being Pneumonia. All our relatives & friends know to stay clear if they have got, have been getting over, in close contact with any obvious type of bug, or someone else they know has one. But she doesn't wish to be wrapped in cotton wool & wants to enjoy life as normal as possible for as long as is possible. When our Son is through this phase & is happier, she won't need to worry about him so much & we can get back to some kind of normality. Maybe go on a holiday towards the end of the year & enjoy ourselves, we need a break. But our Son is priority first, then his Dad can take over for a couple of weeks. Funny enough, he surprised us by popping in here here just before the Dr arrived & Thanked us & all of you for what everyone has done/is doing for our Son. People find it strange that we all get on after my wife's divorce, but I am very comfortable with that & it is better than being in a war with each other & healthier for us. Life is too short to argue, it is wasted energy, time is better spent cease we don't know what is round the corner.

Thank you everyone & sorry if I bored you. I am not used to things like this - not even on Facebook etc

Robbie, you are an

From Echo No.2 (I am only the boss if she gives me permission to be) Ha! Ha! Although not wanting Echo to be ill, this is a great opportunity to raid "the Tuck Shop". Although I am not overweight, her indoors keeps me on the straight & narrow to keep my inherited high Cholesterol within range. So I might treat myself tonight to a (dark chocolate of course), or a . Or on 2nd thoughts, a ? But I don't want to push my luck, so only one treat. She thinks I deserve it because of looking after her. I also call her the "Oracle" because she always knows everything & what she doesn't, she still finds out anyway, maybe a few days later. Because if she asks me, I can never lie without laughing - or it might be the evidence on my tongue or chin. So I can't get away with anything. But we rub along nicely & I Love her for Loving me back & caring about me. Enough of this soppiness.

Anyway, I have had a rest now & so had better go & see if Echo No.1 needs anything - Bye for now hope you enjoy your weekend. Sorry for the rambling on - it must be catching from Echo No.1.

Faithfully yours,

Echo No.2

x

• Upvote 1

Dear All,

Feeling a lot better this morning - Thank you all for the well wishes. Those tablets worked like magic & I'm on the road to making a full & hopefully rapid recovery, Thanks to the emergency Dr & all those healthcare workers out there who work so hard & sometimes under very difficult circumstances to make us better - you do a Stirling job.

Dear Robbie,

I have posted a PM to you. How can it be that you are doing this for someone you have never met? It is our good fortune that you have been there for us at the right time, that you are continuing to help & support us & spend a lot of your precious time & energy doing so.

Our heartfelt Thanks & Very Kind Regards from us & our Family & Friends go out to you.

Echo

x

PS: Yes, there are a lot of Echo's, Echo's, Echo's & even more Echo's aren't there? Ha! Ha!

• Upvote 1

Could someone tell me how to get emoji funny faces onto a message please? I have put them in with my message, but they do not show up - it comes up as blank. I would love to put the moving ones on too if possible.

Nothing too technical please as I am a Techno Phobe. It was only last year that my Husband & I joined the 21st Century. We now decided to "shock horror" buy a new mobile phone that doesn't have an ariel attached & that isn't about 20 years old Ha! Ha! But, in our favour - the phone still works. Only need a new one for the keyboard because it takes forever to type a Text & I get finger burn doing it!

Echo

x

Wouldn't it be too bad if the animal rights protesters got to hear about your lad's employers (after things have been sorted out of course). Oops. Now I'm being nasty. Or maybe it might be a case of horses for courses.

• Upvote 1

Dear Bilbraborn,

I know you mean well, but please do not be concerned about things. We will let the powers that be take care of things in a legal way. Everything has been documented as we do not want others to go through what my Son has for the past years. But I really don't think that what you suggest is the way forward. if the situation ran away & gained momentum, it would not only be counter productive, she would get wind of everything & she would cover things up & get away with it. We understand that all the investigations need to be done first & in the correct way. Some of the wheels are in motion & foundations are being laid, but we have to patient & wait until my Son is out of there, as we cannot risk her hurting him. I have to respect his wishes & let him handle this his way as it is his choice. When the time is right, she will have to answer to the authorities, you can be assured of that. But Thank you for your support & taking the trouble to write your message. Believe me, I have had to suppress a lot of my feelings on the situation he is in & as his Mother do not like feeling this powerless to do anything. It also makes me feel so guilty that I haven't spotted it sooner & got him to confide in us when it started 15 yrs ago. He said he felt so ashamed of letting her bully him & he was also worried that I would go & have words with her & make the situation worse. He said that I could report her only when he has another job because he loves working with horses. He believes (although we have told him otherwise) that as she won't give him a reference (even though his 20yrs in total is exemplary), that he will never get another job. I wish he would listen to me & leave now. Myself & his Family have to be strong for him in the meanwhile & give him the support he needs & a shoulder to cry on.

Echo

x

Such great news to come back to Echo(we've been away this weekend and forgot to take the laptops!!), Hope all goes well for your son, and sorry to hear you have been poorly too, hope you're back on form very soon.

• Upvote 1

Dear Darkazana,

How kind of you to say that. We hope that you had a lovely weekend. Sorry that you forgot your laptops, But sometimes a breakaway from technology is good for you. It can seem strange for some people though - not being connected. We like to completely switch off to emerse ourselves in our holiday or weekend away, without having to worry about emailing people. We don't even switch our mobile phone on. We tell those close to us where we will be & for how long for just in case of an emergency, & that's that. Anything else can wait until we get back home.

Thank you for your good wishes for Son, we all appreciate everyone's kindness. As for me, I am getting there slowly & will soon be in "Fine Fetlocks" & can't wait to be "Horsing Around" Ha! Ha! - I couldn't resist that one - sorry if that wasn't funny, my Husband didn't laugh either! Spoil Sport.

Echo

x

• Upvote 1

Good Morning Everyone,

Sorry that it has been a few days since my last message, but I thought that I would update you on how my Son faired yesterday with his meeting with the Whitaker's.

The meeting went very well. We were extremely proud of our Son & how he explained what his skills were, as we were all shown round the facility. We were put at our ease right away & didn't have Butterflies at all. We hardly slept the night before, because we knew how important this meeting was for him & we didn't want to let him down in any way by being nervous. We were welcomed as though we had been there many times & not just this first time.The staff were lovely & friendly too, which was alien to our Son because he has known mostly animosity where he works. Also, until he has met someone a couple of times & they are used to him, he can be very quiet & doesn't always show himself off in the best light. But within a minute or so they were getting on rather well & he was quite eloquent in his communication about his equine skills.

Our Son went dressed equipped & ready to ride & to show the Whitaker's what he could do, but after reading his CV, he was told that there was no need.

Because of my health & limited Mobility, my Husband & I couldn't keep up & said for them to go ahead & we would catch them on the way back. The sun was shining & it was a glorious day, which I think helps. We agreed with our Son, who, on his return back to the Stables said "I can almost taste the happy atmosphere here, it is bright & not dark, miserable & dingy, like where I work. The horses are well looked after & enjoying life, & I would jump for joy if I could work here".

Sorry that this is in the wrong order, but when we arrived & before we had been shown around, but after his CV had been read, he was asked if he may be interested in accepting a vacancy that was coming up shortly. He couldn't say "yes" quick enough. Just before leaving the Stables he was told that they would ring in a couple of days, as they would need to discuss it first, so we are hopeful of a successful outcome for him. We know that he is capable of doing the job & would not let them down. He is dedicated to his work & the horses & would work for free if he could afford to do so. It would be a fantastic opportunity to broaden his career, maybe travel & meet new people. He lives & breathes horses & it would be heaven sent if he could work there.

So please keep you fingers crossed for him & hope that he is offered this chance? He really does deserve a chance to prove that he can shine & be happy.

By the way, his jaw is healing nicely & he can now open his mouth enough to speak well again. For the first 3 weeks he couldn't open his mouth enough to get a grain of rice through his lips, so we had to do all of the talking for him. So it was great that he was able to speak for himself yesterday. At first, I nearly forgot to let him speak, having been used to doing it for him until about a week or so ago. But I very quickly explained & we all laughed together about it, so the Whitaker's understood that I now had to get used to him speaking for himself - Thank Goodness - I can talk for England as it is. Ha! Ha! But he is still on soft food "Baby Food" as he calls it. His bruises have almost gone & the skin that was debrided off his chest & arm is almost healed - most remarkable really. Where the skin had come off one of his arms it has almost healed too. The tightness has almost gone, because we have been putting cream on since the accident & he almost has the flexibility fully when he stretches out his arm. The new skin is still very sensitive to the touch though, but hopefully that will get better in time. His broken teeth still need to be pulled out, but the Maxio said that they would do that when his has healed full & they can open his mouth fully. Other than that, he is fit & well & eating everything in site - we don't know where he puts it all. But if eating extra food makes his recovery quicker, we are not complaining. We never would, after all, it could have been worse.

He is going to see the Maxio Facial on Monday & I will send an update as soon as we hear something - Thank you everyone for your interest & support.

Have a lovely weekend all of you.

Echo

x

• Upvote 8

Thank you Michael, it is really good of you to take the time & trouble to post your message at this most difficult time that you & your wife are having to go through at the moment & we wish you well.

Echo

x

• Upvote 1

Thought that you would like to know that our Son passed his CBT (Motorbike Test) yesterday - so proud of him. After this, he wants to get his Full Motorbike Licence.

The Test had been booked before his accident, but he didn't want it cancelled because of his accident. We were really worried whether he would get his helmet on without dislodging the break in his jaw - but he managed it because all the swelling has now gone down & he has a split face helmet. The leather protective wear was a challenge too because it is tight & scraped on the newly grown skin on his chest & arm. But he was determined to get it on & pass his test - & so he did.

He said his next thing to do when he's passed his full motorbike test, is to learn how to drive a Horse Box. I know that he'll do it. He's as determined & stubborn as I am. Ha! Ha!

When we Echo's get "the bit between our teeth", we don't let go, we see it through to the very end.

Echo

x

• Upvote 4

Dear All,

We have some wonderful news that we just had to share with you all - Our Son has been given a job by the Whitaker's. He will be on a one month trial until he proves himself (understandably). If he "does what it says on the tin", he will have a fantastic career opportunity which may open the world up to him & he would have the chance of maybe meeting new people & travel the world.

As you know, we went with our Son to meet the Whitaker's, they & all the staff are very happy there at their Stables & the atmosphere is bright & cheerful. The Horses & Stables are immaculately kept & we are thrilled & excited for him to have this chance to shine.They will look after him there Robbie says & we believe that because you can feel it. We can be sure that he will be so happy & when he heard that he was being offered employment, he was jumping with joy & cannot wait to start. He said that he will give the Whitaker's 110% loyalty, hard work, honesty & devotion to the horses, the Family & all his duties. A black cloud has been hanging over him (& us) for many years, but now he has got his life back & you can see the joy & brightness that is reflecting in his eyes again & we have our Son back again. Thank you so much for the Whitaker's giving our Son this chance to show what he can do. You have taken a chance on him & he will not let you down, we can promise that you will not regret employing him.

Also, we cannot say a big enough Thank You to Robbie for trusting what we said about our Son, enough to take the word of strangers (now friends) & to put in a good word with the Whitaker's. If it wasn't for you offering to do this for us & start the ball rolling Robbie, we would not now have our Son back again. Robbie has changed both our Son's life & that of us & our Family through giving many hours & weeks of his time, to hold us up when we thought that there was absolutely no hope of our Son getting another job. He has been there for us at the end of every message to give us hope, guidance & encouragement in his selfless way. You are a lovely man Robbie & your Family should be very proud of you - as are we. We Thank You so very much for everything that you have done for us & if anytime we can do anything at all to repay your kindness, please just say so & we will be there for you like you have been there for us. It may never be possible, but maybe one day you will let us meet you privately & shake your hand to say Thank You. Even though he has never met you, our Son says of you Robbie that he too wishes to shake your hand. But if that is not possible, he will still regard you as a Special Friend & that if it wasn't for you, he would be dreading going back to work when he's better. Now he says, "I have a future to look forward to, Thank you so much".

Also to everyone here on this Forum that have been so lovely in welcoming me to this site. Everyone's kindness is overwhelming (in a good way) & special. We can feel, everyone's warmth through your kind words of encouragement & support. Thank you.

Our Son will shortly be handing in his notice (we will be there to make sure his employer doesn't give him any grief) & to wipe the dreadful scowl off her face when she tries to put him down - which she will try to do because she can't help herself. She will no longer be able to bully him, we have promised him that. The only way is up now.

Sorry about another long thread. Happiness & good health to you all.

Echo

x

• Upvote 7

I can't find the words to express the happiness I feel for your son, and your family. I hope the future is bright for him with the Whitakersand and some peace of mind for you and your family Echo. Thank you Robbie for the help you have given.

• Upvote 1