Working with horses

Dear Carni,

This will make a massive difference to all of us, & yes, peace of mind too. I think we'll even sleep better from now on. Thank you for your lovely words, they mean a lot.

Echo

x

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you everyone that has welcomed me. Sorry for not replying sooner. My eldest son was dragged by 2 horses he was trying to lead from a field back to the Stables where he works & didn't want

Hi Echo, I can't promise you anything but I do know the Whitaker's, the show jumping family and will have a word with them on your behalf, if you wish. They only stable thoroughbreds both their own a

Dear Everyone, It is with great happiness & joy that we report some fantastic news to you. After his work Trial, at last we can say that our Son has greatly impressed the Whitaker's in both tha

Echo, I'm so pleased to read that you've had a favourable outcome regarding your son. Robbie has certainly made an impression since joining Nottstalgia, firstly with his excellent photos and now with the help that he's given to you and your son. I hope that things go well during your sons trial period at the Whitaker's.

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much & yes we agree with you.

Our Son is looking forward to working in a better environment with people who will appreciate his skills & hard work with horses & not looked down on him because of his learning disability & what he can't do. He cares about people & animals & treats all with respect. He just wants the same back & cannot understand why his employer doesn't do that because he hasn't done anything wrong. He will be out of there very, very soon & I will post an update to let everyone know when he has left & how he gets on. He sends a big Thank you to all of you for your good wishes & for rooting for him. He said that he has never had strangers do this for him before. He is very appreciative of Robbie's efforts in getting him this chance too & I have sent him a private message of Thanks & appreciation too.

Last night when I told our Son that I had updated my blog/thread here on this site. He sent a message back & said "Have you sent a Special Thanks to Robbie as well as everyone else?". I told him yes. He said "Oh good".

We had the best nights sleep that we have had for years last night & it's all Thanks to the wonderful people that are here on Nottstalgia & part of what makes Nottingham what it is - Special.

Have a great day all of you.

Echo

x

Dear Mick,

Yes, he is looking forward to putting this terrible part of his life & that which will become his past, away where it belongs & is thrilled to be looking forward for once. There is light at the end of the tunnel that he's in - At Last.

Echo

x

Dear hippo girl,

We can't do that, but we are sorely tempted. He hasn't resigned yet & we do not want her to get wind of what we are doing & put him in danger. Nor nor do we want her to get a tip off of what is to come or she will try & cover up. Some wheels are in motion & the cogs turning. Authorities know about what she has been up to & we have been informed that because he is classed as a vulnerable adult & what she has been doing is illegal (which we do know) that they are going to investigate her "activities". We want him out of there & for her to be investigated so it has to be kept secret. That is why no names have been mentioned. The authorities have assured us that nothing will commence until he is away from there. Even then, his details will be kept secret.

Echo

x

So pleased to read everything is turning out well for your son Echo. I think he will have a great future ahead of him and I wish him all the very best. My daughter did her uni work experience on the Whitakers yard and thoroughly enjoyed her work there, I know they will look after him.

As for his soon-to-be former employer I sincerely hope she gets everything she deserves, and have no doubt she will, as the saying goes "What goes around comes around" and one way or another she will get her come uppance have no doubt of that.

Best wishes to all your family.

• Upvote 3

Dear darkanza,

Thank you for your very kind words, they are comforting. How strange that your Daughter had her experience at the same yard as our Son will be at. We wish your Daughter every success & happiness in the career that she has chosen.

We will do our best to make sure that his current & soon to be ex-employer gets her come uppance as you say. We agree with you & that life is Karma (sorry if this is spelt wrong) & what goes round comes round. We will do our best & work with the authorities to make sure that the "powers that be" do stop her. People may wonder how she has got away with things for so long? She has been reported on a few occasions by people in the past, by both workers, & clients that have their horses liveried there, but somehow, she gets wind of it & covers her tracks. That is why I have to be very careful on what I put in my thread so that nothing alerts her. When owners of horses have found out how she behaves, they have removed their horses. She also claims to be something she isn't by false advertising. Clients pay for lessons from "qualified" staff. The actual people that give the lessons at this present moment in time are young girls that have no qualifications. If they refuse to give lessons, she sacks them. Then she gets other people to do it - but this must be stopped. I just wish that I could name & shame her at this moment in time, but we have to do it in a more sneaky way so that she doesn't get away with it again. Otherwise she will just get craftier & she will go under the radar again. Not long now, her cards are marked. We just feel sorry for everyone that is being used & that are innocent.

Best wishes to you & yours too.

Echo

x

We know there are bad employers, but I am concerned that publicly posting a name here, could give you problems that you do not need.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

So sorry that it has been such a long time since I posted a message. It seems that with all the worry & hard work, official appointments& the mileage that we had done over the course of 6 months sorting out things for our Son, that I had not been looking after myself too well & made myself very poorly. I was released from hospital today. I had to make sure that I was home for the last day of our Son's Trial at the Whitaker's. It wasn't confirmed to us whether it was a 4 wk trial or a calendar month & we didn't like to ask. As our Son said, it doesn't matter, because he'll enjoy the time however long it takes.

Well, our Son thinks that he's been in Heaven for the last 5 weeks & we all give our Thanks to everyone for their support, especially Robbie for getting him this chance, without him, this would not have been possible. Also of course, to the Whitaker's who took a big chance on their behalf to offer him the chance to change his life, which it has done. Whether it comes to anything or nothing, they have given him this chance, & for that we will be eternally grateful to them & Robbie.

We have our old Son back & he cannot stop smiling (nor can we) & he has gained all his confidence back. He gets on well with everyone & has been working very hard, he doesn't want to be away from there. He was taken to London to a Competition a couple of weeks ago & it took him days to calm down over his excitement from it all. Everyone has taken to him & we are hopeful of some good news when he gets home today, because today is one calendar month exactly since he started his trial. He Loves it there so much & he loves all the horses. But one in particular has stolen his Heart so much that every day without fail he has arrived at work 1/2 an hour before his due start time to give his favourite horse that extra special bit of attention & cuddles. The Whitaker's smile when they see him & they both thought that he would fall in Love with that particular horse when our Son met him. Everyone encourages him to give all the horses his attention & cuddles, which they cannot get enough of - both him & the horses. An extra Bonus is that it is helping him to grieve for the horse that he looked after & who died 2 yrs ago. He is allowing himself to Love & Live again, which, before starting there, wasn't something that he could ever forsee doing. How lovely is that? Some people will think this is silly, but unless one has ever owned & bonded with a pet however big or small. No-one can ever knock a Human Bond between man & Beast, it shows our Humanity, which is such a Very Special Thing to have & be a part of. We are so Very Proud of our boy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I will update you of any further news of his progress.

Kind regards.

Echo

x

• Upvote 6

Thank you for the update Echo, your post fills me with optimism for your sons future. Please do let us know how things turn out with the Whitackers as i'm sure there will be many people on Nottstalgia waiting and hoping for some good news. The Whitackers sound like very kind people and I'm sure they will do their best for your son if it is possible. I'm sorry to read that all the stress has contributed to making you ill, I hope you are on the mend now and hopefully you will all have some peace of mind coming your way. Best Wishes to you all.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your lovely comments, good wishes & likes. I am beginning to mend & I need to take it as easy as I can for a while. but at least I can spend more time updating you all & reading your blogs too. Keep the comments coming please, it keeps up our spirits.

We have just received a message from our Son to say that he hasn't as yet been told that he has been offered a job, but he was told by a member of staff that they will "see him on Friday". So until he hears formerly that they are keeping him on, we don't feel that we can celebrate yet. But, in our heart of hearts, we are quietly confident that he will be offered a contract with the Whitaker's. Our Son is still not getting his hopes up until he hears officially, because he doesn't want to get his hopes dashed. But it certainly does seem like it, doesn't it? Surely, the member of staff wouldn't have made a mistake, would she?

Will keep you all updated as soon as we hear something.

Have a good evening all of you.

Echo

x

• Upvote 1

Hello Echo, sorry to hear you have been poorly and hope you are much better now. Worry and stress can certainly take its toll on your body. You must look after yourself too.

Its sooooo good to hear your son has had such a marvellous time at the Whitakers and I am keeping my fingers crossed for him. I understand his love for horses totally and know for myself that a special connection you can have. My own mare was a one off, she taught me to ride and gave me such wonderful memories, she was a real school mistress and looked after all my children. She won major events (with my friend riding her, I was never that good) and then went on to get my daughter well placed in a class at Ponies UK. (Yes it was Flo's work!) When she died I was with her in her field, her head on my knees. I have ridden since, but I will never find that connection again with another horse and have no wish to, as I said Flo was a one off for me, a dream come true. For this reason I am really pleased that your son has found another horse with whom he can bond, it is a precious thing. All nest wishes to you all.

• Upvote 1

Dear Everyone,

It is with great happiness & joy that we report some fantastic news to you.

After his work Trial, at last we can say that our Son has greatly impressed the Whitaker's in both that of his experience of "Working With Horses" & being a valued member of the Team that he has been working with since 24th July 2015. So much so, that he has been given a permanent job by them, which he is ecstatic about.

Today is the First Day in his new permanent position at the Whitaker's. He told us that he adores working there & that he even Loves the mucking out & that everyone treats him as an equal & with respect. It is such a friendly, relaxed & a happy sunshine place. He said everyone there is lovely & that if Heaven is working, then this is his Heaven. His dream has come True just like Robbie said it would do & the World is now definitely his Oyster. It is a Brand new beginning for him.

Monday 24th was the last day of his Trial Work Period & although he went to work with enthusiasm as he did every day there, it was tinged with a little sadness that this day may have been the last time that he was going to work there. Before he left work that night, the Head Groom said to him "See you Friday" (he had been working Friday, Sat, Sun & Monday), so he said OK. But he thought that because she said this every Monday since he had been there, that it was out of habit, not that they may be giving him a permanent job. So he didn't say anything about it just in case it would "upset the apple cart" if they hadn't made their minds up yet about keeping him on. Or maybe, he thought, they had just decided to extend his Trial Period & someone had forgotten to tell him.

We suggested he ask to clarify matters, but he didn't want to. He said that he would go in on Friday as usual unless they rang him to let him know that he wasn't needed. So I asked him if he wanted me to ask, but he said no. Again, not wanting me to upset the apple cart. We tried to tell him that whatever decision the Whitaker's made, it would not be influenced or changed by anyone asking them whether he was going to be taken on or not. But no, he still wouldn't change his mind. He was asked on Tuesday to go in for a few hours & work as they were short staffed, so he was excited & went willingly to help out. But still nothing was said to him.

Meanwhile, without him having knowledge of it, I was sent a message by Melissa Whitaker saying that they were more than happy with our Son's trial & that they would like to keep him on there. When I read that message I completely lost it & burst into floods of tears & couldn't speak with the relief of what this meant to him & all of us. Our Son has had his Dream come true, the World opened up to him, both his & our Faith in Humanity Restored Once Again & Robbie & the Whitaker's have done more for all of us as complete strangers to them, than anyone has ever done for us in our entire lives. What more can we say except a MASSIVE THANK YOU TO THEM ALL.

There are not enough words to describe our Happiness, Peace of Mind & Good Fortune. As Robbie said to me, we can relax now, knowing that our Son is alright. All I can say to you is that we can breathe easier & it is such a relief & Thanks to these 3 Guardian Angels. We can NEVER EVER THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH. There are not enough words. But, if there is ANYTHING that we can do for you in our own HUMBLE way, please ask & we will be there in a Heartbeat.

Thank you also to everyone that has supported us throughout our most terrible time. You have all kept us going & given us hope. Especially Robbie who started this journey & stayed with us throughout it, encouraging, guiding & even advising me by PM. Without his first message & suggestion about the Whitaker's, none of this would have happened. Our Son would still be in the Hell that he was in before I typed my appeal for help. The True Nottingham Spirit of you Nottstalgia People came through for us & we are so Very Grateful. We are so glad that I came across this site & joined up to be part of this great & special community.

Thank you - Our virtual Hugs go out to you all.

Echo

x

• Upvote 9