Working with horses

Well done to your son Paul for getting a permanent job offer, he deserved it. Remember the Whitaker's are also very lucky to employ such a gifted and talented horseman, something that didn't go unnoticed.

And don't forget, make sure his passport is up to date.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you everyone that has welcomed me. Sorry for not replying sooner. My eldest son was dragged by 2 horses he was trying to lead from a field back to the Stables where he works & didn't want

Hi Echo, I can't promise you anything but I do know the Whitaker's, the show jumping family and will have a word with them on your behalf, if you wish. They only stable thoroughbreds both their own a

Dear Everyone, It is with great happiness & joy that we report some fantastic news to you. After his work Trial, at last we can say that our Son has greatly impressed the Whitaker's in both tha

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to you all for your very kind & caring comments & well wishes, they mean everything to us. We cannot wait for our Son to read the latest ones from today? We know he will be very touched. You are all so very kind.

It is touching to read your words too Robbie about the fact that he is a "Gifted & Talented Horseman" & about how "His skills didn't go unnoticed by the Whitaker's". I know that I have told you before, but for those out there that read this. Our Son is 43 yrs of age & when he was a young boy was told by a Psychologist that he would never have a mental age of any more than a child of 8yrs of age. That he would never be able to live independently like a man or contribute to Society by getting a job & paying his own way through life.

We wish we could meet that man & show him what our Son has achieved in life & show him how wrong he was when he gave us his "expert" opinion. Our Son is a very kind, considerate & thoughtful person that would do anything for anybody. He has worked in full time paid employment since leaving school/college. Learned to drive a moped, motorbike, fork lift & tractor, taught himself fishing & teaches others, volunteers for a steam railway doing repairs etc. We know he is an asset to any employer, but he just needed a chance to prove himself. His & our wish has been granted. We are so proud of him that we are fit to burst. He cares for all animals, but as you all know, Horses are his passion & he can be trusted to give them his utmost care. But after he had been bullied, abused & put down by his previous employer he lost his trust & faith in people that he didn't know & his confidence also. Now all that has changed for him & the past doesn't matter anymore. The Whitaker's have trusted Robbie's word when he put him forward for the job & he will never let them down. He has followed their careers since a small boy & respects them greatly. They believed in him & gave him a chance to prove what he could do & he will repay that back many times over. He now has a fantastic new life with opportunities that none of us ever thought was possible. A miracle has been achieved.

His Passport is up to date already Robbie, we made sure it was ok & in date before our Friend/next door neighbour included it when she typed his CV so that the Whitaker's could see he was Legal & ready to travel at a moments notice - just in case it made a difference. It doesn't run out until the end of 2020. But you can be certain that I will be keeping tabs on the date well beforehand & make sure we renew it in plenty of time before the expiry date. Thank you for reminding me though. With so much to remember for him, it could so easily have slipped my mind. We do try to remember everything, but you never know, sometimes things can slip through the net. We have a file with all his important bits & bobs in & which we keep safe for him & a diary that I keep up to date too, for him & us. It is the only way I can keep on top of everything.

I probably shouldn't say this Robbie & you might tell me off because I know that you don't like to receive any credit for your Good Deeds. But you should. Maybe in the future one day you will go up to the Stables & meet him? He can then Thank you in person & shake your hand. Every time we see, speak or email, he tells us every time that after all that you have done for him, the least he can do is shake your hand &/or buy you a pint. He respects you so wouldn't hold you to anything. But he just wants you to know what an important part you have played in the change in his life. So there - you can tell me off now. Ha! Ha!

Echo

x

• Upvote 8

I'm so pleased that things have worked out well for your son, Echo. I've followed all the posts with interest and they've become a little more meaningful after learning about the psychologist's report.

Like Robbie has stated, Echo, your son must be gifted and talented to be offered a position from the Whitakers. Well done to them and Robbie. I love happy endings. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Really pleased everything seems to have turned out well for your son, Echo. It's so good to read 'good news' stories......

• Upvote 1

A lovely happy ending and an exciting new beginning for you all Echo. Such wonderful and not unexpected news. Thank you for sharing this journey with us. A bright future awaits. :)

Dear Everyone,

Thank you once again, you are all wonderful.

We are going to raise a glass tonight at 8pm to "New Beginnings". Maybe you could all raise a glass with us at or near the same time, because it is through this site that has made it all possible & would not have happened without you. Robbie, the Whitaker's & yourselves - everyone has moved mountains to make it all possible.

Echo's Family & Friends.

x

• Upvote 5

Don't worry about the lateness NewBasfordlad, or anyone else, it is the thought that counts. You were with us in "Spirit" weren't you? Ha! Ha!

In fact, I think that we should do this toast thing once a month, a communal "Toast" to us all. What does everyone think? Maybe the first or the last day of the month? Put your thoughts or suggestions here please?

We have some more good news about our Son, he received a letter yesterday to say that he had been awarded PIP. It means that he will be able to get more Support Hours from the Team that is being put together by his Support Worker, which will help us too. When we are no longer here or too old & frail to look out for him & his needs in the future (a long time away we hope, but just in case), he has that back up so that he has someone to turn to & help him. Which is a whole load off our minds.

In relation to that too, I know that these official departments seem faceless & uncaring sometimes & get some bad press & lots of stick. But they have shown us nothing but kindness & respect & we Thank them. We realise that this is not everyone's experience in these matters, but I can only comment on ours. When my Husband rang to make the application, we were told that the appointment for an assessment alone would be at least 16 weeks away from them receiving & then processing the application form. Then weeks or months before a decision was made. With our Son in attendance to give his permission, the questions were answered. The form arrived a few days later which we had to fill in with the answers to even more questions. It took an entire day to complete. We took the form to his new GP for her to peruse & for the surgery to photocopy for their records & posted it that day. Within a couple of weeks he had his appointment date but we had to change it because he was working that day. We took him to be assessed & It took about 1 1/2 hrs - the Lady was very kind. She sent a report & it arrived 3 days later to the assessors. They telephoned about 4 days later to say he was highly likely to be awarded it & that he would receive a decision letter in about 3 - 5 working days. The award letter arrived in 5 working days. How efficient is that? From the first phone call to them until the receipt of the de ion letter, it took 9 wks & 6 days.

Sorry Robbie, I forgot to tell you about the PIP in my PM to you earlier, but I know that you will read it here & won't mind.

Thank you for taking the time to read my update.

Echo

x

• Upvote 2