Beautiful Nature Photos.

Everytime I read about a cruel act, be it animals, children etc, I always think to myself, why doesn't the punishment match the crime, then maybe the perps would think twice about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a beautiful photo of a Kingfisher in a flower.

Dunnock     Rog

I may have posted this photo before but I thought it was worth a second look. It is an Atlantic Grey Seal pup on the foreshore near Duncansby Head, Caithness. I took a scramble down a very steep cliff

Watched a peacock doing his mating stomp in Sri Lanka a few years ago. It was really quite impressive as he jumped up and down on-the-spot with his head bobbing and feathers held out as in your photo.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plenty of ducklings and young geese around at Attenborough Nature Reserve this lunchtime, but I didn't see any cygnets unfortunately.

Hoards of little black midges though ! 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

CT   The ducklings have changed into cygnets, and mother duck into a swan.   So Fairy Tales really do come true!

sorry, I was looking at the photo you posted on 4 June, not the one in May

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://i.imgur.com/mUVLnlm.mp4

A pair of rare multi-coloured blanket octopuses have been caught on camera during a night dive off the coast of Romblon, Philippines. In the incredible high-definition clip, captured on April 5, one of the octopuses puts on a vibrant light show for cameraman, Joseph Elayani, as it glides through the water shifting through the different colours of the rainbow. The rapid colour change is thought to be a reaction to the different light levels from the camera, or as a defence mechanism against would-be predators. The blanket octopus can be seen in the video transforming from pastel blues and purples to glimmering reds and oranges. At the end of the footage, a second octopus also comes into view. It is thought to be extremely hard to capture these bizarre creatures on camera in crisp, high-definition as it is rare to come across them in the wild. When threatened, they stretch their arms out, creating a blanket-like silhouette meant to frighten would-be attackers away. They are always in the open ocean—in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, as well as in Info-Pacific waters—and so never rest on the seafloor. They need all the defense they can get. The blanket Octopus is called as Tremoctopus is a genus of pelagic cephalopods,

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I might have mentioned that my son has developed (no pun intended) an interest in photography, to the extent that he sometimes drags me out to practice the latest technique he’s learned ... which I’m quite pleased about as it’s rekindled my interest as well.

His latest is ND filters, very dark filters which extend exposure times, leaving stationary things in focus and blurs anything moving.

After spending a couple of hours up to my knees (in wellies, of course) in a Derbyshire stream I was quite pleased to produce some fairly good shots, of which these are an example ....

2021-Lumsdale-007.jpg

2021-Lumsdale-008.jpg

Hope you like them!

• Like 8

I’ve got a decent Nikon camera with built in zoom which I bought some years ago. I’m sure it’s now been superseded by a later model. I used it once on a trip to Scotland but it’s been sitting in a cupboard ever since. The problem with ‘proper’ cameras is that you have to lug them around whereas the ‘phone ones are always in your pocket and are now of a very high standard. A proper modern camera is still much better and more versatile however. Seeing those pictures has prompted me to charge mine up and photograph the abundant wildlife around here. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Mandarin Drake on the river Trent near Trent bridge Newark, I took this picture at the beginning of June this year

P1100220-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

This is a great photo, it looks so happy. You are very lucky to have seen and captured it.

• Like 1