Michael Booth

Beautiful Nature Photos.

Everytime I read about a cruel act, be it animals, children etc, I always think to myself, why doesn't the punishment match the crime, then maybe the perps would think twice about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It can't match the crime KJ because the bleeding heart liberals did away with the death penalty some time ago.  Sorry if that sounds political it isn't meant to be.  ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Watched a peacock doing his mating stomp in Sri Lanka a few years ago. It was really quite impressive as he jumped up and down on-the-spot with his head bobbing and feathers held out as in your photo.

• Like 1

A few shots from Faraid Head, Sutherland, taken on Thursday.  These are all wildflowers and are currently in full bloom. Photography was diffcult because of a strong wind that was blowing the flowers around; hence just a few photos.  The first photo is "The Machair" That's the stable bit behind sand dunes". Second and third are Harebells and teh fourth is Knapweed:

43105083614_ca23c01146_h.jpg

42918651895_7d5274ea77_h.jpg

43105396974_28e16634a6_c.jpg

42013822200_d3eca12bb3_c.jpg

• Like 1

A couple of days ago. There are actually at least four cygnets, but they wouldn't all look at the camera at the same time.

wod6J0I.jpg

• Like 6

Still surprises me how there was nothing at all yesterday evening, then they all appear fully formed next morning.

zmLorn4.jpg

• Like 3

I think there's 8.....

Plenty of ducklings and young geese around at Attenborough Nature Reserve this lunchtime, but I didn't see any cygnets unfortunately.

Hoards of little black midges though ! 

• Upvote 1