Beautiful Nature Photos.

Everytime I read about a cruel act, be it animals, children etc, I always think to myself, why doesn't the punishment match the crime, then maybe the perps would think twice about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a beautiful photo of a Kingfisher in a flower.

Dunnock     Rog

I may have posted this photo before but I thought it was worth a second look. It is an Atlantic Grey Seal pup on the foreshore near Duncansby Head, Caithness. I took a scramble down a very steep cliff

Watched a peacock doing his mating stomp in Sri Lanka a few years ago. It was really quite impressive as he jumped up and down on-the-spot with his head bobbing and feathers held out as in your photo.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

A few shots from Faraid Head, Sutherland, taken on Thursday.  These are all wildflowers and are currently in full bloom. Photography was diffcult because of a strong wind that was blowing the flowers around; hence just a few photos.  The first photo is "The Machair" That's the stable bit behind sand dunes". Second and third are Harebells and teh fourth is Knapweed:

43105083614_ca23c01146_h.jpg

42918651895_7d5274ea77_h.jpg

43105396974_28e16634a6_c.jpg

42013822200_d3eca12bb3_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plenty of ducklings and young geese around at Attenborough Nature Reserve this lunchtime, but I didn't see any cygnets unfortunately.

Hoards of little black midges though ! 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

CT   The ducklings have changed into cygnets, and mother duck into a swan.   So Fairy Tales really do come true!

sorry, I was looking at the photo you posted on 4 June, not the one in May

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://i.imgur.com/mUVLnlm.mp4

A pair of rare multi-coloured blanket octopuses have been caught on camera during a night dive off the coast of Romblon, Philippines. In the incredible high-definition clip, captured on April 5, one of the octopuses puts on a vibrant light show for cameraman, Joseph Elayani, as it glides through the water shifting through the different colours of the rainbow. The rapid colour change is thought to be a reaction to the different light levels from the camera, or as a defence mechanism against would-be predators. The blanket octopus can be seen in the video transforming from pastel blues and purples to glimmering reds and oranges. At the end of the footage, a second octopus also comes into view. It is thought to be extremely hard to capture these bizarre creatures on camera in crisp, high-definition as it is rare to come across them in the wild. When threatened, they stretch their arms out, creating a blanket-like silhouette meant to frighten would-be attackers away. They are always in the open ocean—in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, as well as in Info-Pacific waters—and so never rest on the seafloor. They need all the defense they can get. The blanket Octopus is called as Tremoctopus is a genus of pelagic cephalopods,

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...