If you are talking solo drumming they don't come much better than this. Saw Fleetwood Mac at Maine Road Manchester in 1990 and also on the bill were Hall and Oates and River City People.

I read his life story a few years ago. He's been on dope and vodka virtually all his adult life. Unbelievable !!!!!

It was fascinating. The programme demonstrated he must be the biggest psycho-nutter on the planet. It's amazing he's still alive; not because of the drink and drugs, but how come someone hasn't arranged to have him "dealt with".

• Upvote 2

I watched it too and I I found it fascinating . His constant moving around the world and looking for something new to get involved with.Never knew he had a " thing" for Polo either.

Over the years I've known a few chain smokers but I think he beats them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen a few of the best rock drummers, including amongst others, Carl Palmer, Cozy Powell, Keith Moon, Bonzo Bonham, Phil Collins, and Bill Bruford, my vote goes to Carl Palmer as the best technically.

Rob.. That's a tough one!! (Technically) bill bruford for one.Joe Morello from Dave Brubeck.I'm gonna go for ex blues incorporated and Duffy power stick man Terry cox..just listen to pentangles first two Lp,s.

The late Rod D'ath (ex Rory Gallagher Band) and Butch Trucks / Jaimoe from The Allman Brothers Band.

• 1 year later...