personal documents etc..

I was looking for my divorce papers this morning and chanced upon these documents. Note the use of the word/abbreviation Mstr (Master) in the post Office book - yer don't see that any more! Anyone else have interesting documents to show?

scan0001.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father-in-law's certificate for crossing the equator during WW2.

Found this in our house on Hall Street. The house was owned and rented by Mr Wainman. Cannot put an accurate date on it but it is either wartime or early post-war.

Those of a certain age will remember National Service. If you were eighteen years of age and fit you were called up. The first image below was sent to me by my employer, Rolls-Royce at Hucknall, relay

The things my mother kept:

Notification from City Hospital to my Father regarding my arrival on the planet:

2njyft0.jpg

Receipt for the the purchase (or something) of 32 Ford Street St Mary:

ifcq3p.jpg

• Upvote 1

After all these years I have just noticed the franking on the envelope re: 264 Woodborough Road. Its a George the VI stamp in 1956!

The £13-5-0 looks like Being Costs & Dsbuts (Disbursements) re pchse, so basically the solicitors expenses on the house purchase.

Old style license endorsement ! This was my third & last ! Speeding on the Oxford bypass one Friday night hot footing it back from Portsmouth for a date back here ! Cost me £15 & a personal appearance at the magistrate's court in Woodstock to plead to keep my license, which I did !

Funnily enough my mate who took me there in his Ford Zephyr 6 had no tax, insurance or MOT & himself was banned from driving. (nice motor tho) !

US visitor's visa c1984, They used to let anybody in.

img145_zpsgkookw6c.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think compo started a good thread here:

I found more stuff relating to the purchase of Ford Street St. Mary. Apparently we only lived there about 3 months!

vzyd5d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Something here about a sewer at Ford St. I knew nothing about this until today. We had moved to Eastwood by the time it was paid:

dev05f.jpg

Just a few more relating to my arrival on the planet;

This was tied around my big toe - or possibly ankle

2u70kg3.jpg

Newspaper cutting Nottm Evening Post:

:17fqza.jpg

My Mothers ante-natal appointments. Hairy hands Cochrane has been mentioned before on these pages:

2dvidko.jpg