The wife bought a "Pure Wash" detergent free water conditioner for the washing machine. It's basically an ozone generator that oxygenates the water.
Appears the idea has been around for ages and used in larger systems in hospitals and hotels, and is now available in a domestic size.
No more detergents, which we think are causing the wife to get rashes.
So far it has lived up to it's claims, washing is clean, smells fresh, doesn't stick together like it does after a detergent wash.
Anyone interested in a healthier method of washing clothes, check their video out.

It works too!! Just checked a white shirt that was pretty grubby, and it's spotless!!

• Upvote 1

Sounds interesting - OH has sensitive skin so it might be useful. I`ve never seen it. Where do you buy it?

(Couldn`t listen to the video as my sound is on the blink.)

Not checked UK Amazon, but US Amazon sell them... Check for the deal on these, look around you'll find it at 50% of the recommended retail price.

My missus keeps getting a rash on her ankle, starts spreading and gets very itchy, quack couldn't diagnose it, so we presume it could well be caused by washing detergents.

These work by producing O2 and mixing it in the washing machine water line Kev.

And look where the seller is! It had better be good stuff!

• Upvote 1

The price of the one on UK Fleabay was double what it costs here, not sure if any of the sellers on US Amazon would ship one to the UK, but well worth a try at half the UK's price for them....Yes, the plug in power supply is 120/240 volts, so there would be no problem with that.

Just thought, the pins on the power supply would be a problem though, but a UK plug in power supply could be found to replace it, it's a low voltage DC input on the laundry unit itself, not sure of the voltage, I'd have to go check it, but probably 12 volt at 3 amp DC input.

Just some more info, the unit uses only cold water, so the savings on hot water and detergent could add up over one year, on the hot water side, I'd hazard a guess it would pay for itself in two years.

Ozone - oxygen- stuff- let loose in the kithchen? Unattended automatic machines? Sounds dangerous to me, whats wrong with Fairy soap, ponch and a bit of Dolly Blue? and elbow grease, and lighting the fire under the copper? and pegging out in a gale? and running to get sheets in a rain shower? and yer dads shirts standing stiffer than he could when you brought them in from the frosty morning? and then washing the blinking lot again cos the shunter coughed out a box full of soot? and then watching Mam iron it all with a flat iron from the side of the range? Least it was all natural, yer know, and ecological. And coal powered. and safe.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure about that one.

Interesting subject... I remember going swimming in a pool where they used ozone instead of chlorine to disinfect the water, it seemed strange not having the chlorine smell. When I got dressed I was surprised at how clean I felt, Sue (my wife) commented on how soft hair felt, didn't make any difference to my hair as I ain't got none anymore... I've heard septic tanks don't like chlorine, but as John says no idea what ozone would do to them..

From what I've been reading, the purewash is safe for septic systems, very little ozone is left, if any after the wash cycle is complete.