Can anyone shed any light into when the first tenants would have started moving into Melbourne Road? Specifically No. 93. I would guess at 1930 or perhaps a little later. I am going to look at electoral registers in a while and I don't want to be looking for a date before it was either built or before people moved in.

BUS SERVICE TO NEW ASPLEY ESTATE.

1930 might be about right .

"COMMITTEE. THE ROUTE AND FARES. For the benefit of Nottingham residents on the new Aspley .Estate, the Corporation are to run a special service of buses from Trinity square to Melbourne-road, Aspley, to commence within a few days. This Was decided upon to-day's

May 02, 1930 - Nottingham Evening Post - Nottingham"

Its possible. My G.Grandmother got to Melbourne Road from dahnt Medders. I want to know when it happened.

Britain from Above - 1931. Melbourne Road is the one along the bottom and there are completed houses along both sides.

melbourne_2.jpg

...and you can see the mineral railway which crossed it near the Nuthall Road end.

Thanks. My Dad lived next door but one to the railway at no.25. G.G.mother lived at 93 which is in the entrance to Melbourne Rec. The right hand block as you go in. It looks like I shall be safe if I look at electoral register for 1932.