What's In Your Car Boot ?

I took my daughter, two granddaughters and one of their friends to East Midlands Airport this morning, so I cleared out the car boot in order to get all their paraphernalia in.

Putting the stuff back this afternoon, I thought what a load of crap we have here.......

Large plastic sheeting, two anoraks, two fold up chairs, umbrella, bag of plastic shopping bags, box of dog biscuits and roll of pooh bags, two gilets , oil, antifreeze, water, a 'bag for life ' which contained three pairs of gloves, woolly hat, tow rope, three Kagools, another umbrella, two scarves, twelve tennis balls, my flip flops. Then three baseball hats, three rolls of pooh bags, box of glass wipes, atlas, insect spray, half a toilet roll, half a kitchen roll, two cushions, tartan blanket and a haversack containing two beach towels, bathers and an old pair of socks.

No wonder my car does only 20 mpg !!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 5

New car, so we will work on it. At the moment it is fairly empty...Old curtain, Two Aldi bags, One Tesco bag, Bungee cord, Red Blanket, Two fold up bags, Small compressor, Bottle of sealant, Polystyrene Packing, Plastic container full of plastic cutlery, Crumbs. Now in a few months time, it will be more realistic !

High viz jacket, fold up snow shovel, sun cream, first aid kit, bottled water, tissues, shopping bag, foot pump, basic tool kit, waterproof jacket, steering wheel lock, old comfy shoes for driving in (driving wrecks nice heels), umbrella. The map book is inside the car as I do not have complete faith in the sat-nav.

Doing this list felt a bit like the last part of the "generation game", but there is no cuddly toy!

• Upvote 2

In the wheel well are: Proper full-size spare wheel, extending wheel brace, jack, hi viz vest, first aid kit, roll of spanners, warning triangle, umbrella.

In the tailgate are three Asda bags, one dog bed, two dog towels, and approx 2.5 million dog hairs.

• Upvote 1

I remember reading about Peter Sellars putting Spike Milligan in the boot of his 'Roller' one late snowy night because Sellars could hear a strange knocking from there and Milligan was to trace it. Off they went with Sellars driving up and down the kerb to cause the knocking and he was stopped by a copper. He asked what was going on, opened the boot and saw Spike Milligan, said, Oh yes, it's him', closed the boot and wandered off.