What's in your wallet.

Along with the usual cards and cash, I keep my Australasian Order of Old Bastards membership card; I became a member in 1985. If you are approached by another member and you don't have your card with you there is a forfeit of one pint of ale to be paid to the other chappie.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On 29/07/2015 at 11:04 PM, Michael Booth said:

I don't have a wallet because I don't need one. All I carry is my phone and bank card.

Do you really need a phone ?

To add, I very really carry my wallet, I let Mrs C put her purse in her bag instead. Feels a lot better when she buys me my ale !

Insufficient cash at the moment ! 

Some of that funny green money they use here.  Bankcard.  A funny green card with my picture that says I'm allowed to be here, work and pay taxes.  A piece of paper on which I wrote words to the effect of,. If I'm badly damaged and out of it with little hope of recovery, DO NOT RESUSCITATE...   Bein' sa cheerful keeps me  Goin'!   :dry:

Edited to add.  I should have read the thread.  I said essentially the same thing back in 2015.  Oh! The joys of ode age!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 6 months later...

Not "Whats in your wallet"? but,"Whats in your drawers?" no not them drawers the kitchen drawer, we all have a drawer in the kitchen that we keep all sorts of crap things in, I remember my grandmother used to keep paper bags in the drawer that was built into the kitchen table, this was in the 50's/60's so I suppose living in hard times encouraged saving them sorts of things, we have a drawer in the kitchen that seems to be the de fault drawer for anything and everything, spare batteries,small torch, various pens, old car keys I no longer have the car they fit, piece of string, elastic bands,cigarette lighters, spare refill for the pens,four rulers, packet of 7mm cable clips? passport photo (don't have a passport),five rolls of selotape,roll of masking tape? tape measure (26ft) Araldite epoxy,box of staples,compass, boot laces,the bloody list is endless,now where did I put that crash helmet?

Rog

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Mrs. L was talking about an article she read about guys putting their wallets in their back pocket and that it could cause lower back pain and thus better to put it in a side pocket.  Long story short, it got me thinking.

Back in the 60s about the only thing I had in my wallet was a bit of cash.  No credit or debit cards.  No such thing as far as I knew.  Possibly a driver's license, but no picture ID of any kind.  What different days.  One night I was walking home from my girlfriends when a police car stopped next to me.  They asked me where I had been, where I was going etc.  I didn't get sassy.  Just told 'em the truth.  They didn't ask for any ID.  I didn't have any.  They wished me a pleasant good night   and went on their way.

For all our technology it doesn't seem better.  Now it would probably be,  Your papers, Please!   j

• Upvote 1

Herself  read an article saying the same thing and very kindly offered to carry my wallet for me

• Like 1

Last nights pocket Santander debit card, NFFC season card, Robin Hood bus card, Camra membership card about £25, front door key & phone, left with black Firetrapp bobble hat on, returned without hat, must have left it on the bus? 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Mrs. L was talking about an article she read about guys putting their wallets in their back pocket and that it could cause lower back pain and thus better to put it in a side pocket.

Strangely enough, a few years ago i was travelling down to Bristol to my fathers for the weekend, and when I arrived i had a pain in my right thigh. Noticing that I was walking strange, i explained that I had a pain,  whereupon he replied that he used to get the same thing when he drove up to ours. He found it was his wallet causing the problem, after that I always remove mine before driving any distance, never had a problem since !.

• Like 1