Over the years I have managed to collect a few photos of Daybrook Station. Here is a starter for ten. Robinson A5 locomotive of Colwick shed at Daybrook on 2/5/57:

scan0003.jpg

• Upvote 4

Noticed on the right'of the pic. a good old Nottingham company 'Be-ro' flour. Wonder when that ended?

Noticed on the right'of the pic. a good old Nottingham company 'Be-ro' flour. Wonder when that ended?

Or when did it start? Looking at the "Britain from Above" photos in the 1920s, that factory isn't built yet.

Did'nt know that TBI,........when i worked for Marsdens in the 60s Bero was the most popular brandand we had it delivered from Daybrook and just assumed it was a local company,......i believe it was taken over by RHM and then just became another lost brand name.........wish i had a £ for every 8x3lb parcel i handballed off their lorries. lol.

I believe the old Be ro cooking booklet is still available, or was a couple of years ago, My wife used to have my mums original copy but it fell apart and i got her a new one from ebay uk.

Wife still makes her scones using that recipe, and a nice butter cake with butter icing. Sorry to go OT, you railway enthusiasts.

A slightly different angle on Daybrook Station, which is in the bottom left of the photo. The bridge in the lower centre is the railway over Mansfield Road; Daybrook Square still has the same layout. And note the empty space where the BeRo factory hasn't appeared yet.

daybrook_1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Here's a shot taken from the lattice overbridge where I used to stand to "Get the smoke" as a child [Photo: John Ford]:

daybrook%252528john_ford_c1955%252529old

• Upvote 1

At its peak Daybrook was a large station given its locality [photo 1954, John Ford]:

daybrook%252528john_ford_c1955%252529old

• Upvote 1

When you stand in the Homebase car park and look toward Basford, and remember the above view, it makes you want to cry.

• Upvote 3

C12 Tank loco 67363 on a RCTS tour in 1951, this loco was used on the Annesley Dido too. I don't know if it was the same tour but in the same year 1951 this loco ended up at Heanor South station on the GNR Ilkeston to Heanor branch with a RCTS special.

16262117880_facd1141c6_b.jpgimg839.jpg

• Upvote 1

A USSR map of Daybrook showing the line as they thought it was in 1975. Note some errors!

russian_map%25255B1%25255D.gif

• 1 month later...

I recently bought these two photos of Daybrook station. I notice that the station signpost is different in each photo; one being a double post and the other a single post that appears to have been made from a length of rail. Does anyone know which of the two photos is the older? I do not have dates for either.

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the link Cliff Ton. I can see from the last photo in gallery 1 that the double post was in use in 1951 so it must have been replaced during that year. In photo No.5 gallery 2 you can see that the same rail post that carried the station sign now in use as a warning notice (1954). By close of play 1960 the sign had changed from 'Daybrook for Arnold' to 'Daybrook'.

• 2 years later...