The most beautiful sound in the world

I have my beautiful border collie in a dog coffin, cost a lot of brass but worth every penny. she had the best life a dog could have. sometimes you think she should be in the fields chasing sheep, but surely giving her a good home is better than where she came from dumped at the side of the road luckily near the vets, where i rescued her from. (so very sad)

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The shipping weather forecast on the car radio. I'll explain..... My hearing was always poor and gradually deteriorated until becoming totally deaf in my early 50's I had a cochlear implant fitted wh

the most beautiful sound, to me, i will never hear again, my mum saying, as an answer to a question, to me, (even at 58 years old), YES MY LAMB, silly old bat always said that to me from about 4 years

Blackbirds singing to each other of a spring evening. The rattle of soft summer rain on the tent roof (yes, seriously!) The crackle of a wood fire. The sound of surf on a beach.

I have lots of sounds that I like and all are beautiful in their own particular way.

The deep soft continuous grunt my dog makes when his ears are rubbed (coupled with just the tip of his tail wagging)

The tumultuous increasing roar of the crowd when Forest score.

The steady tick tock of our old clock on short winter afternoons.

A crackling spitting log fire when jack frost is about.

The sound of Little John striking the hour in the Market Square (not heard that for years)

The far off sound of a train in the night.

Rain gently tapping on the bedroom window in the early hours.

The hoot of an owl in the dead of night.

A4 chime whistle.

The ebb, flow and increasing unique wave of sound from an approaching Deltic locomotive in full flight.

A Rickenbacker 12 string guitar.

Irish melancholic music.

Telephone message... "You've just won £20,000,000 on the lottery (only joking... for the moment)

No sound on Nottstalgia so cannot add that to my list yet.

Lots more to add but just heard my dog bark. That sounds means "I want my tea"

• Upvote 5

the most beautiful sound, to me, i will never hear again, my mum saying, as an answer to a question, to me, (even at 58 years old), YES MY LAMB, silly old bat always said that to me from about 4 years old, loved her to bits, miss her like well you get the picture. i am 70 in october, love to hear her one more time. Sorry guys, morbid i know, but nice to be able to share this thought with you all. Thanks

• Upvote 8

I can not add much to Smiffy49 's post only the sound of laughter.

"Can I get you a drink Terry"?

But seriously - thank you for the likes to my previous post re the cochlear implant/shipping forecast. Bit soppy of me but that's how it was.

Having a cochlear implant, correctly tuned, means that all sounds are beautiful....

There are 5 settings -

1. It's my round. Also used when painting etc., is mentioned. Enables me t make my own interpretations.

2. It's your round. Also useful when fishing, golf, cycling or going to pub are mentioned, even in a whisper.

3. Music. Does not work but useful when conversation is difficult to follow. Friends sing their message to me.

4. Outdoors in quiet places. The best setting of all.

5. OFF. This is a wonderful setting that everyone should have. The sound of silence.

• Upvote 4

peverilpeveril, #38, nowt wrong wi being soppy mate, been that all me life, watch a sad movie, blubbering, see Mr Norman Wisdom Movie, blubbering, watching a proud dad playing with his kids on the park, you guessed it, soppiest prat ever born, get on me nerves sometimes, wish i could be like some blokes i worked with through my life, tough, strong, hard. but no, soppy me, still ne mind aye

• Upvote 2

Nowt wrong with a good blubber Terence,........i sometimes have one,............but keep it to ya'sen.............dont want the rest to know,

• Upvote 1

Michael Flatley's standing ovations..........He is the most brillaint dancer ever and I would'nt kick him out of bed either - Ah Hmmmm......

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the most beautiful sound to someone fighting cancer and having been through chemo, is, congratulations you are now cancer free.

• Upvote 2

He'd kick you out of bed though if he started dancing in his sleep. :biggrin:

He'd kick me out of bed anyway........