She was still young really, but at least she went peacefully and did not suffer, may she rest in peace with her Bobby whose death she never really got over.... noblue:sorry:

• Upvote 3

So sad, and so young. RIP Cilla.

Not one of my favorite singers, but rest in peace Cilla you made me laugh sometimes ! don't think she ever recovered from the loss of Bobby.

#14. Well, well ! I could never stand her voice, a screech that went right through you. However, I always judged her from her engaging personality that she portrayed when on TV. Now, after reading about what she was like away from the cameras and microphones, I'm not so sure.

Couldn't stand her singing, or her shows. But I didn't dislike her.

Most women get better looking with age, but facial work didn't improve her. She was quite cute with her Mary Quant look though when in her twenties.

It's only one or two people who worked on planes that seem to have had the hump, Chulla.

I'm afraid I agree with you about her voice and I never watched her shows, but you couldn't help but not like her larger than life personality.

RIP Cilla.

She gorra lorra people annoyed cos she was in yer face a lorra lorra time.

Sorry, but I can't stand the Scouse accent, it sounds like they're vomiting.

Her voice wasn't everybodys cup of tea but still say this little heard but stunning song should have been a bigger hit .

That's what I meant about her being cute.

Sorry DavidW, I thought it very, very run-of-the-mill. Dusty Springfield she aint.

This was always a favourite of mine, composed by Burt Bacharach, lyrics by Hal David.

At 9pm on Tuesday night (Aug 4th) ITV are re-showing the programme “The One And Only Cilla” which marked the 50th anniversary of her career in show business.
At 10.40pm on Tuesday (Aug 4th) ITV are re-showing the first part of the 3 part biopic about her starring Sheridan Smith with parts 2 and 3 being shown the following nights (Wed & Thurs) at the same time (10.40pm)