You Don't See This Much Nowadays !

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always shook hands with people I meet. When I meet male members of my family we shake hands and kiss on the cheek. It's a sign of love and respect. The ladies get a hug and a kiss. It's how we've

Walking through a country park with Mrs Catfan yesterday an elderly gent walked towards us, as he drew near he said good morning & then "doffed" his hat to Mrs Catfan ! How nice was that I though

Not so much don't see it much anymore as never seen it. After finding a car park in Ely yesterday we looked for somewhere to pay and found this notice. ' Parking here is free. Enjoy your day and tell

DAveN #127: The Wilko mothballs are made from cedar wood and will not deter cats. Real mothballs are made from Naphthelene:

"Naphthalene is an organic compound with formula C

10H
. It is the simplest polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon, and is a white crystalline solid with a characteristic odor that is detectable at concentrations as low as 0.08 ppm by mass.[12] As an aromatic hydrocarbon, naphthalene's structure consists of a fused pair of benzene rings. It is best known as the main ingredient of traditional mothballs." [Wikipedia]

They actually do the job - hence they are banned.

• Upvote 1