You Don't See This Much Nowadays !

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always shook hands with people I meet. When I meet male members of my family we shake hands and kiss on the cheek. It's a sign of love and respect. The ladies get a hug and a kiss. It's how we've

Walking through a country park with Mrs Catfan yesterday an elderly gent walked towards us, as he drew near he said good morning & then "doffed" his hat to Mrs Catfan ! How nice was that I though

Not so much don't see it much anymore as never seen it. After finding a car park in Ely yesterday we looked for somewhere to pay and found this notice. ' Parking here is free. Enjoy your day and tell

Remember them 'Crankypig' we called em 'Combinations'...............remember 'Holiday on the buses' as well, :biggrin:

Remember them 'Crankypig' we called em 'Combinations'...............remember 'Holiday on the buses' as well, :biggrin:

Benjamin 1945 yes on the buses Olive was in a sidecar,very very funny film.

And another film with a sidecar/combination.....Sat,night Sunday Morning......Rachel Roberts and her old man in the backstreets of Radford after coming back from Skeggy,.............always reminds me of me Uncle Bill and Auntie Irene,.......funny how our older relatives had names that fitted the era'

And another film with a sidecar/combination.....Sat,night Sunday Morning......Rachel Roberts and her old man in the backstreets of Radford after coming back from Skeggy,.............always reminds me of me Uncle Bill and Auntie Irene,.......funny how our older relatives had names that fitted the era'

And a bit of old Norton Street thrown in as well.

bike2.jpg

• Upvote 1

We don't hear of people being addressed as sir these days, or tipping yer cap.

I was thinking about my roofing days in the late fifties and sixties, an architect would come along to see how the roof he designed was taking shape, he'd be greeted by a handshake and a "good morning Sir."

many times this would happen with my other workmates. A lot of respect appears to have sadly faded away.

I notice in the cop shows...in the States 'Sir' is the most common form of address. Over here it's mate, buddy, pal....anything but Sir...unless it's a bloke in a suit with a posh car.