You Don't See This Much Nowadays !

#73 - Just remembered Ian there was another one on Radford Road, there was a laundrette close by and I think it was more or less opposite The Cricketers. Which one did you frequent? I used to call the bingo and was working on News Year Day after an all nighter and fell asleep during one game, and fell off my stool! Luckily I was the manager so only got a telling off from myself...

• Like 1
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always shook hands with people I meet. When I meet male members of my family we shake hands and kiss on the cheek. It's a sign of love and respect. The ladies get a hug and a kiss. It's how we've

Walking through a country park with Mrs Catfan yesterday an elderly gent walked towards us, as he drew near he said good morning & then "doffed" his hat to Mrs Catfan ! How nice was that I though

Not so much don't see it much anymore as never seen it. After finding a car park in Ely yesterday we looked for somewhere to pay and found this notice. ' Parking here is free. Enjoy your day and tell

Waitresses here will often call you "hon" or "sweety". Seems to be a Southern thing. I guess I'm just old fasioned. Or was well indoctrinated in the 50s. It just seems we have become too familiar in these days. I even get selling letters from the phone/tv companies. David this and David that. I did not give permission to use my first name. They are not my friends and they don't care about my welfare. Just trying to up their take from me. A general lack of respect marks a step in the decline of civilization. Time will tell. End of growl for today! :-)

• Upvote 2

Agree with you loopylugs, I hate being called by my first name by complete strangers, when she was in hospital my dear mum hated being called by her first name especially when it was mispronounced to boot!!

I hate having my first name on bills/mail shots for all the world to see, as if we don't already have enough risk of identity theft grrr

• Upvote 2

"Monty" won't be seeing many of his teeth after tomorrow, he had quite a few extracted a few years ago & after a visit to the vet today it looks like the last few may be taken out tomorrow.

9d21b648_zps591fb317.jpg

Took him for a MOT type check up this afternoon & he has a bit of imflamation of his gums, good news was that his blood results show that he is in very good condition for a sixteen year old cat, so he gets a general anesthetic in the morning !

Vet checked him out & apart from his teeth he is in better shape than me !

Called in at Kennelgate on the way home & bought him a new comb thing to look after his coat .................................£24.95p !!!

DSC_0073600x399_zps84bd677b.jpg

a4375ed8_zpse5b2ddb6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

A "gummy" cat, now that's something you don't see every day..

• Upvote 1

#81. Michael.

Working with your dad all those years ago was a pleasure & a privilege.

#83. Bubblewrap.

Too true ! & will be the last bleddy time as well.

#85. Ayup.

He may have no teeth but believe me, his claws are lethal ! slywink

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've found that out with cats!!

Not so much don't see it much anymore as never seen it. After finding a car park in Ely yesterday we looked for somewhere to pay and found this notice. ' Parking here is free. Enjoy your day and tell your friends'. It seemed to apply for the other car parks we saw and certainly seemed to work. They were packed and the town was full of tourists.

• Upvote 5

Same in Bulwell Tomlinson,.........and its mostly very busy,..........but not with tourists,........ive been expecting Parking charges for years,

Benjamin, how long do you seriously think the machine would last before it was uprooted by some ar5ehole in a 4wd pickup.

Oi, I drive a 4wd pick up, mind you I do keep the windows and doors locked when I go through Bulwell slywink

Rog

• Upvote 1

It's you then Rog.... I'll wave next time, because everyone else has their windows down and crap blaring out.

#91 Yes,you got a point,.....just wondering though,are there any other areas in Nottm.city where parking is free ?

Tescos in Bulwell, that's my favourite, and it's free.

#91 Yes,you got a point,.....just wondering though,are there any other areas in Nottm.city where parking is free ?

Depends on how long you want to stay there. There are places where you can legally park for 2 hours free. The one I use a lot is North Sherwood Street; it's 2 mins walk into Vic Centre from there.

Yes 2 hours free is good cliff ton espcially that close to Town,..........but what i was saying is in Bulwell its free all day,i can't think of another small town where this is the case.