I can't stand.....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't stand the Americanisation of the English language, even though I use 'OK' to signify agreement. Examples are: Movies instead of cinema, pictures, flicks. Gay instead of homosexual, and any n

Just took a phone call from a mate offering me two free tickets for the sold out Russell Brand at The Theatre Royal tonight .............. Thanks but no thanks staying in washing my ..... feet. 

I hope it doesn't say NEXT across the front, it sounds like an invitation.

I don't mind garlic, but hate mayonnaise. Why do prepacked sandwiches always have either mayo or other dressing on them? And if you ask the shop assistant 'does this have mayo?' they will reply 'well if there is it's only a little bit'. Is it cheaper than butter? What happened to a good old plain ham sandwich? I remember in Burton's arcade they used to make the sandwiches up while you wait.

• Like 1

The whole programme is utter mind numbing drivel.

• Upvote 2

I hate seen folk in jumpers or T shirts with DKNY, FCUK or United Colours of Benneton , Bench, bla bla.

I also once refused to buy a second hand car, as it had LOOKERS stencilled on the boot lid. Why in Gods name should I drive around advertising for them.

• Upvote 1

I used to be a customer of Next, but it's crap and chavvy nowadays.

What's it got on it...... 'I Love Looe'.

If you walk along the Main Street from the bridge, there is a cake shop / cafe about half way down on the left that does a wonderful banoffee pie. I went in a few years ago about 4.45 and I got about a quarter of one with cream as they were ready for closing. Lovely.

• Upvote 1

Whose Looe? Looe Costello? (shouts from gang of men) 'Whose Louie'. (Response from Jimmy Durante) 'My uncle - he was mad'. "So let's celebrate cos I'm feeling great, I'm the guy that found the lost chord".

• Like 3

Take more water with it Chulla, and watch that lost chord, you'll go blind or deaf or probably both. LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On 7 August 2015 at 5:00 PM, FLY2 said:

Russel Brand, famous for doing nothing whatsoever.

Just took a phone call from a mate offering me two free tickets for the sold out Russell Brand at The Theatre Royal tonight .............. Thanks but no thanks staying in washing my ..... feet. 

• Like 5

Ee, I'm right perplexed. Why have Plantfit, Loppylugs and Catfan all given a like to the above post of mine from over two years ago. Daft I call it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chulla said:

Ee, I'm right perplexed. Why have Plantfit, Loppylugs and Catfan all given a like to the above post of mine from over two years ago. Daft I call it

I don.t get it either Dave..but i like you anyway ! I blame the Morphine ! Thats my excuse anyway.

First time I've seen this Dave, don't know how this has happened, mind it is a very spooky time of the month  slywink:Vampire:vampire2

Rog

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chulla said:

Ee, I'm right perplexed. Why have Plantfit, Loppylugs and Catfan all given a like to the above post of mine from over two years ago. Daft I call it.

Strange.

I was going to suggest that those 3 had seen radfordred's recent post about Russell Brand, so they also looked back at a few earlier posts to see what had been happening, and were impressed by Chulla's old post. But as catfan and plantift say they know nothing about it...........??

'Daft I call it' I remember that phrase as a strap line from an old strip cartoon character but can't rememebr the which one.