I can't stand.....

I don't have a cell phone, hate phones in general, the phone ruled my life at work when I was working.

Just got my snap out, made a mug of tea, just sat down, bloody phone rings, machines broke down, need you up here right away. Throw tea away, put sandwiches back in snap bag...Nasty "orrible" things phones are!!!

Missus gave me a cell phone, just in case anything happened to me while out on the tractor. Gave it a test out, and there was only ONE place on this 80 acres where a cell phone works. So that was the end of my cell phone ownership. Good riddence is what I say.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't stand the Americanisation of the English language, even though I use 'OK' to signify agreement. Examples are: Movies instead of cinema, pictures, flicks. Gay instead of homosexual, and any n

Just took a phone call from a mate offering me two free tickets for the sold out Russell Brand at The Theatre Royal tonight .............. Thanks but no thanks staying in washing my ..... feet. 

I hope it doesn't say NEXT across the front, it sounds like an invitation.

Being grumpy is part and parcel of being a maintenance electrician...LOL

My mobile phone stays in the car boot for emergency use only. Still have plety of credit left from a ten pound top up a year or so ago.

Also I couldn't tell you the phone number cos I don't know it !

• Upvote 1

The use of 'could of' instead of 'could've' or 'could have' when did 'of' replace have?

Rio Ferdinand - I fink he is fick togevva wiv many of his footballer friends, tell me your forts.

The use of your when it should be you're.

• Upvote 3

I hate the misuse of the apostrophe - green grocer's are the main culprit's 'banana's 70p, potatoe's 50p' or whatever. I remember the great sadly missed Keith Waterhouse was self elected president of the Association for the Abolition of the Aberrant Apostrophe

English language teacher's must be spinning in their grave's

• Upvote 3

As soon as the sun comes out some people have to play loud music in the garden for all the neighbours to hear !

A 1ltr Vauxhaul Corsa or similar small car being hammered & the driver trying to spin the wheels while pulling away from traffic lights !

• Upvote 2

At approaching 70 years old, I CANT STAND people treating like im 5 or 95.

I can't stand motorway middle lane drivers. They are converting a 3 lane m'way into a rolling 2 lane road. They should leave jam making to 'Hartley's'

• Like 1

GARLIC. Hate the stuff,why is it bunged in everything.Try reading the ingredients in most ready meals,and you will find ,garlic purée,garlic paste,.i read on the back of some breadcrumb coated fish Garlic! .Some people may like it but I am. Actually allergic to it.So I have to make all my food from scratch without garlic.

• Upvote 1