DJ due to the remark he made about yellow tail I wouldn’t think he’d tried it or had and didn’t like it.

Must say OZ it’s always better and safer to buy locally. If we come across those names we’ll look twice. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday we celebrated my birthday and went for a meal at the Brinsley Lodge. Food OK but the place itself needs  a serving of petrol and a match. For the first in many years I wasn't driving an

Getting back into home brewing beer after 26 years away from it. Miss a good glass of real beer. Next year I'll be collecting berries from our two Mulberry trees and making some wine from them. Also

I used to buy 50lb pails of pure barley malt when I lived in Oz, problem was it was made to suit the big breweries, then they started getting barley & wheat malt, just didn't taste the same.... I

9 hours ago, nonnaB said:

DJ due to the remark he made about yellow tail I wouldn’t think he’d tried it or had and didn’t like it.

Liking or not liking any wine is very much a personal preference and I have drunk wines that range from premium to budget and can assure you that price is not always in indicator that you will like it.

If you like it drink it if not don't buy it again.

In my opinion Yellow Tail has reasonably priced, generally fair/good quality wines across their range. Their Big Bold Red blend is excellent value and can be had at the equivalent of 4 quid a bottle here in OZ.

Many asked what are the best brands of Australian red wines...... Website "Man of Many" came up with this list. Many are from South Australia. I have tasted many of the ultra-premium, most expensive wines and for my taste Henshke's Hill of Grace is the best I have ever tasted. At 450 quid a bottle, tastings are very few and very far between, but for a once in a lifetime experience well worth it. The link to Dan Murphy's will give you an idea of the retail prices we pay here for those mentioned and others in their ranges.

• Best overall: St Hugo
  • Top premium brand: Penfolds
  • For Shiraz: Grant Burge
  • For Cabernet Sauvignon: Yalumba
  • For Pinot Noir: Serrat Wines
  • For blends: Vasse Felix
  • Best value for money: Xanadu Wines

Further details and information about each can be found here. I found it well worth a read

15 Best Australian Red Wine Brands (msn.com)

Yesterday we celebrated my birthday and went for a meal at the Brinsley Lodge. Food OK but the place itself needs  a serving of petrol and a match.

For the first in many years I wasn't driving and indulged in a pint of Pedigree closely followed by a similar amount of Amstel.

This morning my head is reminding me why I don't drink.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Belated Happy Birthday from me too Jim!

• Like 1