Were the cottages actually on Spring Road or were they accessed from the Market Place? One of my uncles lived there. They were demolished to build the Coop I think and would have been where it is now Wilkos car park.

I faintly remember,Roses shoe shop and a Mens Outfitters on that corner where 'Wilko's' is,must have been 50s,..........bet someone can come up with photo?

Just remembered the mens shop was 'Price and Beal',lots of shops in Bulwell today but no good Menswear shops.

Thanks cliff ton,just to the right of where it says Market place is the corner where the shops i mentioned stood,and the gap must have been down to the Cottages mentioned in #1.

The 'colour works' in #3 and the chimney in #5: was that Percy Andrews dye works?

Enigma1st - if you have any other info on residents, it was the Bennett family I was researching. The Bennett's daughter married my uncle Bernard in 1932 so I'm guessing they were there around that period. All I have is 'lived in a cottage on Spring Road'

Based on the recent comments, this is from the 1950s. The place I suggested in post #3 is named here as Charles Terrace (the top arrow). The area marked by Enigma1st in post #14 is the lower arrow and could be a group of cottages.

bulwell_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I reckon the lower arrow marks the spot I was thinking of (the Wilko's car park area) though don't know how the residents would have gained access (Spring Road vs. Market Place). Incidentally, another property shown is Church House; my uncle and aunt lived there for a while (meaning my aunt didn't move far from her parents across the road).

#14. Competition time again. If you took a photo of the same view today, something would be missing. What would it be? You might spot something I haven't, which won't count!

#21. Didn't you have your usual crate of Hobgoblin last night! BTW congrats on 3000 Likes.

• Upvote 1