Yes, I remember that one being discussed. I'm still eagerly awaiting an answer to the yellow and black enamel plaque advert. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ben card 12.  An MG NA Airline Coupe and a Morris 8 van. The car is still in existence.  

All good things come to an end, and so has this series of Christmas cards by the BEN motor charity. It has promoted interest and no doubt reminded some of the older members of times past, and vehicles

Our eldest son is a bit artistic and recently drew his dog and a friend's dog.... they'll never be famous works of art but I like them (of course!)   D

Had a look at the first of this seasons offerings, and it appears to be Patterdale, in the Eden area of the eastern part of the Lake District.

This artist certainly got around !

Going back to the little green car I think it is a Singer. Look really close, it doesn't appear to have a roof and is that the rear seat we can see through the windscreen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Roadster#/media/File:1952_Singer_9_Roadster_(7963752984).jpg

Ben card 23. The last of the Bentley-in-the-snow pictures. (Note, the Bentley has a Rootes blower). There is another in the series, but I do not have it. It s a very nice picture, but I think that the aircraft should have reflected the car's period a little closer and been a 1930s biplane fighter, like the Hawker Fury or the Gloster Gladiator.

Ben_card_23.jpg

• Like 3
On 30/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, Brew said:

Going back to the little green car I think it is a Singer. Look really close, it doesn't appear to have a roof and is that the rear seat we can see through the windscreen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Roadster#/media/File:1952_Singer_9_Roadster_(7963752984).jpg

Brew - I think you are correct. The Morris 8 windscreen was square at the corners and the rad grille was different.

With regard to card 22, the only cycle I can find apart from the American ones with a curved down tube would be the Rover safety cycle from the late 19th / early 20th century

Rog

All good things come to an end, and so has this series of Christmas cards by the BEN motor charity. It has promoted interest and no doubt reminded some of the older members of times past, and vehicles that were common when they were younger.

Ben card 24: No details but the car in the foreground is an Aston Martin. At the pumps is an Alvis sports car. The little saloon I cannot identify, and motorbike, although having  fishtail exhaust is not a Velo. The lorry loos like it might be an AEC.

Ben_card_24.jpg

• Like 9