I used an Osmeroid fountain pen with a left handed nib. Superb.  Oh yeah, I'm left handed ! LOL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm with Lizzie on the spelling. My left and right hand co-ordination is not what it used to be; consequently, when typing some letters they become mixed up.  My biggest problem is not that I can't sp

aw do'nt say tht lizzie, im' doin me best ......   onest    

One kid in our class, when I was about 14, decided to use his italics pen as a dart and threw it at me. It stuck in my leg just above my knee.

I've still got my first tattoo from 61 years ago ! Hated writing ever since.

• Like 1

Mmmmm, at a similar age, I got a dart in my head, but it didn't deter me from playing for the Malt Shovel in Beeston many years later. 

Fly, unfortunately I was never asked to play for the Malt shovel or write any scores for em'. B.

2 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Ouch!!!  That must have hurt.  I would probably have tattooed his backside.  You know how that goes though.  Then you become the bully.  :biggrin:

He were bloody bigger than me !

• Like 1

Ha, ha, I'm not surprised !

You’re all bleddy lucky, that’s all I can say! All my life, I’ve loved the act of writing. My favourite place, apart from the library, was a stationers. I loved pens, well all writing instruments really. Very fine ballpoints, italic pens, you name it, I used it.

Then, in my 50’s, my handwriting started to become very cramped and eventually handwriting became virtually impossible. I was diagnosed with Writer’s Cramp. This is not an ache that develops when you have been writing for a bit, it actually PREVENTS you from writing. It is not fully understood, but is a malfunction of the brain’s signals to the muscles. It isn’t RSI, as this is a purely muscular malfunction, but apart from writing my muscle function is fine (thank God I can still hold a pint!)

In an effort to give the condition some dignity I asked the doctor if it had a more “medical” name, and appparently I have Focal Dystonia. 

Could be much worse - some Dystonias put you in a wheelchair - but it seems, given my previous joy in writing, to be a bleddy dirty trick!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I like calligraphy and have a decent set of pens, paper and inks. I don't do a lot though, mainly 'cos I'm crap at it..:angry:

• Like 1

Takes a brave man to admit his faults Brew, well done, a few on here could benefit from that trait

Rog

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

They certainly could Rog. Indeed they could ! 

• Upvote 1
On 3/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, FLY2 said:

"...We'll all soon be back to just grunting and nodding."

Some folk are there already!  It seems to be mostly those who slouch around wearing jeans that hang around their knees.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 3/31/2019 at 8:06 AM, plantfit said:

".....Takes a brave man to admit his faults...."

Faults I have many, here are but a few:

1. I can be mean with money sometimes. eg I will drive for mlles to save a few pence on fuel.

2. I have a tendency to be dictatorial when it comes to garden work.

3. I voted "Leave" in the referendum.

4. I hoard stuff. Came here with one vanload and now have six shedfuls of stuff.

5. I squirrel money away for a "Rainy day"

6. I also store large amounts of tinned food - just in case. I think this comes from my time in Ethiopia where plentiful food was not always available.

7. I hate wearing new clothes. I'm comfortable in my old gear, despite the holes and threadbare nature of some of my things.

8. I am not a good host.

9. I don't like dancing.

10. I prefer the solitude of a mountain top to a good "Do".

• Like 1

I'm with you on at least six there Compo.

I'm frequently told that I speak before thinking, but my reply is that I ALWAYS speak the truth anyway, so what does it matter.

Intolerant, insensitive, ..... That's enough, I'm getting embarrassed now !

• Like 1

Maybe we should start a club Compo. With Fly2 that would three of us.

Down here with these Southern Jessie's I'm sometimes considered rude ! They don't understand the concept of witty sarcasm.

• Like 2

ER no, cos I'm ALWAYS right too ! 

Bleddy Hell Fire, some up here don't appreciate it either.  I'm often accused of being brusque, offhand, flippant, especially to the in laws.

It's not my fault if some are too dim witted to appreciate it ! LOL

• Like 2

I can be a right feckin' miserable b'stard when I am faced with the ordeal of having to go to things like weddings or parties. I'm ok with funerals but then...I did work at a busy crematorium in the north of England for some time many years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Trouble is, a smartarse witty response is wasted on the dim witted. If you've gotta explain it, then you've lost one of your best bits of sarcasm.

• Like 1

If they don't cotton on first time, bleddy hard luck !