Want to copy and paste from word

Hello. Wondering why I can't copy my text and then paste onto the forum reply panel. I always compose my comments in word and save in a file for the forum I'm viewing. I see adding photographs is covered along with links to other sites. These I'll read. Thanks

What exactly isn't happening?

I assume you are selecting and copying the text from the Word document; when you click on "Reply to this topic" in a Nottstalgia thread, the reply box should become active and you can paste your copied text into that box.

I don't use Word because I'm on a Mac, but I can cut-and-paste from either TextEdit or Open Office.

Although it wasn't the case when I first began using this Forum, I found some time ago that in order to paste anything I now have to first click on the icon at the extreme top left of the Reply box - BBCode Mode. It alters to a sort of basic text and everything else is greyed out, but it will then let me paste something.

im using office 2013 - i just opened a new word doc - typed just gibberish in save the file - reopened it highlighted the text and choose copy then came to this post here in the quick reply box at the bottom and right click and choose paste and the text i highlighted in my document appeared here without any problem

#4 Enigma. Your method works for me, but only if I tick the 'Enable HTML' box at right of Reply panel. If I do not tick this then when I click on 'Paste' nothing happens. BTW This is how I post images from Photobucket - once pasted I then have to untick the HTML box. If I do not then only the URL address appears, not the image itself.