See, I Towd Ya So !

It's official, as if we didn't bleddy know already.

Now hopefully some brave brewery might sit up & take note & ban the kids full stop. They will get my custom !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11840886/Screaming-children-spoiling-pub-visits-says-Good-Pub-Guide-2016.html

Look at these prizes, not a very good example to kids.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/sep/03/pub-goers-children-badly-behaved-complaint-good-pub-guide

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have absolutely no shame in saying I LIVE in a council house. Others on here may think that I am prejudiced againt council house tenents, just how wrong can you be !

It's official, as if we didn't bleddy know already. Now hopefully some brave brewery might sit up & take note & ban the kids full stop. They will get my custom ! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/n

#16 Chavs don't have to be council-housed or violent. A Chav is just another name for the old-term yob. Young obnoxious bastard.

I hate all these 'child friendly' pubs - the little dears should not be allowed in full stop!! We had to wait until we came of age so why can't today's kids? They'll have child friendly bookies next........

• Upvote 3

Thanks for that Catfan,makes sense. I have seen it in mass on a Sunday,a kid running around church disturbing everyone, parents (insecure!!) to embarrassed or lazy to get the brat to sit down.was in a house lately and the kid said "crisps- NOW!!". I said to the Mum," come 9 or 10 and he will be thumping you". When I am in Nottm,always do Sunday lunch out as invariably I go back to Tipp on the Monday. From Shepherds to The Reindeer to Nottm Knight all ruined!! The worst experience I saw of this was chav city- the all you can eat Cattle Car opposite what was Pearson's on Upper Parliament st.My sacred Aunt..ten tonners..not eating dinners..but pigging out on continuous returns to the ' Vienetta trough'. Meanwhile the little swines tanked up on nuggets and dilute coke were running riot while Mr and Mrs puffa jacket were hardening their arteries to qualify for more benefits and a mobility scooter that they can put on eBay at a later date to avail of " I'm a lazy b*****d app on the mobile.

Very well put Ian !

Me & Mrs Catfan left our last church because of unruly kids running riot during the service, we found a much better church without unruly kids causing havoc. All the kids being very well behaved.

Unruly kids in pubs is bad enough but unruly kids in church, is nothing sacred any more ?

Good point about Mr & Mrs puffa jacket ! Did you know walking sticks & crutches are nowadays referred to as "Benefit Sticks" or "Dole Poles" ?

I am amazed by some people how they can run with a benefit stick,much faster than a perfectly able bodied fit person. The only time they seem to struggle is when either signing on or going to the Doc's for a sick note !

Good point about Mr & Mrs puffa jacket ! Did you know walking sticks & crutches are nowadays referred to as "Benefit Sticks" or "Dole Poles" ?

Just love that Catfan......sums it up perfectly .

• Upvote 1

Catfan,I have said it so many times..you make me scream with laughter, your no- nonsense approach is just about my 'barrah' an all!! Stan,dumped PC people when that gombeen Lord Looney Longford tried to free Hindley. Not popular man sometimes.. but as Fly2 said " spuds to em"

It is a sad state and I can understand how p!ssed off folk get with all this. There is a simple solution though, pay a bit more. Don't frequent the two-for-ones, all-you-can-eats, cheap-n-cheerfuls etc. where you know what you'll have to put up with. There are plenty of places to eat or have a drink where there aren't kids, or if there are, they've been bought up with decent manners and behave themselves.

• Upvote 4

Your solution to the problem is not a solution TBI.

Not just eating establishments, including pubs but this scourge is everywhere.

We have already mentioned churches, don't forget public transport either. throughout society nowadays unruly kids are causing havoc whilst dopey, couldn't be arsed chav parents sit & do sod all.

I agree with all above about kids and it's Interesting that in the site 'Back To School' there were several 'likes' for the excellent poem expressing gratitude for the kids being back at school and therefore the responsibility of the teachers. It seems to me that many parents are too eager to off shoulder their own responsibilities for their children to anyone willing to take charge. I've seen it happen many times as a member of an Am Dram group.

Good parenting seeps into future generations, when young a black kid stole my trolley.. in the ensuing row I called him a n******,when my Dad found out,he frogmarched me up the street and made me apologise to the entire family.This was in 1970!! Didn't ever do it again.

Thank's,nothing has changed in the last 30 years then,exept they seem to be younger.

What happened to the 'young offenders' detention centres and Borstal training camps?Those places seemed to be the answer 50+ years ago.

Most of the kids I remember being sent to these places, never went back a second time,a few became 'career criminals',and were in and out of prison on a regular basis, some of them thinking they were 'cool',I just saw them as idiots.

• Upvote 2

Unruly kids caused my local(50-60 yards away) to close

It was all the landlord's fault he allowed a few parents with kids in but failed to control them

All the regulars voted with their feet..................Need I say any more. :(

@post 16

It means Council House And Violent.

I object to that some of my best friends live in council houses and are certainly not yobs.

Two of them are councilors on Charnwood Borough Council.

Some of the worst behaved(not all) are students(some from wealthy families)

• Upvote 3