Favourite clips from films, adverts, soaps.

I have just been trying to find the full film on You Tube. It states unavailable? I can only find trailers for the Bette Davies version of the film. I did find a full film from 1929 staring Jeanne Eagels and OP Hoggie, adaptation from the  play  'The Letter' by W Somerset Maugham  it runs for 59:54.? I think it is a very early version. I will wait to see if I get the chance to watch the film with Bette Davis staring .

• Like 1
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do like this ad for Maltesers This is Beattie Edmondson daughter of Ade Edmondson and Jennifer Saunders. http://www.davidreviews.tv/Work/Maltesers_Leaving/

carnie and margie, here's one for you both. A wonderful fantasy romance film starring the lovely Jennifer Jones. The music is nearly all Dubussy. creating a mistiness to the story. Note the use of col

I have posted a scene from the Bette Davis picture Dark Victory before (not that anyone took any notice). I make no apology for posting another. This scene displays her superb acting skills, without h

Carni, I did chuckle at the appropriate misspell of 'starring'  as BD did a lot of 'staring'!  It's not her fault but she did have very protruding eyes, poor love.  Maybe she had hyperthyroidism - that sometimes happens with that....

On a positive note (I had to try very hard) I thought  the discordant music was well thought out at appropriate times during the film.

• 3 months later...

A TASTE OF HONEY,BRILLIANT FILM ,I HAVE LOST COUNT HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE WATCHED IT.

THERE IS A FILM OF SHELAGH DELANY ON YOU TUBE TALKING ABOUT THE AREA SHE GREW UP IN AND ABOUT WRITING A TASTE OF HONEY.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, crankypig said:

TASTE OF HONEY,BRILLIANT FILM ,I HAVE LOST COUNT HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE WATCHED IT.

THERE IS A FILM OF SHELAGH DELANY ON YOU TUBE TALKING ABOUT THE AREA SHE GREW UP IN AND ABOUT WRITING A TASTE OF HONEY.

The author was only a teenager when she wrote A Taste of Honey! It is a brilliant film which I have on DVD. Dora Bryan is unequalled as Helen, Jo's irrepressible mother, yet manages to convey the tragic life she's had. Bryan, I feel, was a greatly underrated actress. Her face is able to tell a story without the need for dialogue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Loved Dora Bryan Jill.........funny or serious.......she just seemed like many Lady's in my family.......great in 'Last of the summer wine''.....probably one of her last roles.......

• Like 2

I did'nt know that Jill,,just looked it up,.......Bill Lawton Lancashire and Cumberland,,.....also by way of interest to me,they married in Werneth,Oldham where i have worked....plus they had an Hotel on the seafront in Brighton, where i have stayed........loved Brighton...........i'll shurup now.........lol

Clockwise is a favourite of mine, especially the part with the hymn "He who would valiant be against all disaster!" Very funny and very appropriate.

When my friend and I saw this at the cinema we laughed so much our eyes were sore and our ribs ached. We were helpless at the part where the head uses his binoculars to spot smokers from his office. We used to work at a school where the head of year spotted smokers from the staff room window using binoculars.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the bit where Brian is trying to tell the crowd he is not the Messiah and they keep repeating everything he says ...

Brian: ”You are all individuals!”

Crowd: ”We are all individuals”

Michael Palin: “I’m not!”

Clever! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the advert with the ''Meercat'' in the phone box,,     no you put the phone down, no you put phone down, no you'' ug she put the phone down,,

• 4 months later...

I love the drumming gorilla advert, was it for Cadbury’s chocolate. Best films, Shining, Kelly’s Heroes and Gone With The Wind. Always watch them when they appear on tv. 

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Peter..Bobbie and Phyllis..the waving to the elderly man in the end car...Bernie Cribbins describing a Buttercup..the brass band scene with David Lodge..1970...what a delight  ...beats Kes by a gnats.image.jpg

That girl in the middle has come a long way she now is in charge of nuns, is she a time traveller?

• Like 1

Not a film or advert or even a soap.

Just   Julie Walters being a waitress in

TWO SOUP'S

• Like 1

Correct TBI about Freddie Frinton  this film is certainly a German New Year tradition we have been over to my brothers for last 2 new years and yes! they watch it and watch it again and again.

Then they say Germans have no sense of humour. They must have something or they would not watch Freddie Frinton.

• Like 1