Queen Elizabeth

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all of you out there who love our Queen. Well done Elizabeth We are so proud of you. Click on the link on the right of the page for a picture of the Queen for every year of her reign. http://www

Austerity finally hits the royals

Our queen is a must, she has never put a foot wrong, always looks good and has served our Country well, she is 89 and still working, any other person would have retired 24 years ago, the lesser Royals

Yes she has been a magnificent head of state for us all. She has had to contend with changes not only in her own household but world wide too and boy has she done it with so much ease and grace. Her rock Prince Phil;ip should not be over looked either.

May she go on for very many years to come.

• Upvote 7

maybe getting a bit mixed up but I am sure if she set her mind to it she could do it anyway

• Upvote 1

She has become the greatest ruler of the greatest Country / Commonwealth / Empire that the world has ever seen.

And long may she reign. Well done Lizzie.

Roll on Saturday for the Last Night of the Proms on BBC2. Although I'll be away, I've set it to record and will still endeavour to watch it anyway. I've got my flag and knotted hanky.

• Upvote 4

Get rid of the lot of em ! scroungers, hangers on, call em what you will. A life of luxury & waited on hand & fist. None of em ever done a decent days work either, so don't tell me Liz works hard, I don't call opening a local fete or charity shop hard work.

Royalty is a luxury we can't afford.

• Upvote 3

yes Last Night of the Proms on Saturday - almost forgot. I will be staying in an no disturbances - only me perhaps singing along

• Upvote 1

#7. TBI.

Why will Fynger be needed ? Not an offensive post at all or is it because I have an opinion myself which differs from others?

I don't have to agree with other member's posts & likewise they don't have to agree with mine either !

Or should we be living in a non democratic republic TBI where free speech is not tolerated ?

• Upvote 2

Exactly Lizzie. Bleddy trouble causer !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Queen%20Elizabeth%20II%20August%201994_z
And another one for Catfan.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in August 1994, Victoria, British Columbia

I put the photo in a frame because I thought I would never ever get that close to our monarch again

• Upvote 2

#7. TBI.

Why will Fynger be needed ? Not an offensive post at all or is it because I have an opinion myself which differs from others?

I don't have to agree with other member's posts & likewise they don't have to agree with mine either !

Or should we be living in a non democratic republic TBI where free speech is not tolerated ?

I'm all for free speech, but if this thread is like the last one on Royalty, just like politics, it'll escalate and get locked, so why put the old record on again.

Technically they are all Germans.

I am a republican at heart with a small "r" I just worry what we would get "IF" we elected a president.(Another Thatcher or Blair)

Mind you if we did become a republic we could always sell off the royals to the Americans they would fetch a good price. :jumping:

• Upvote 1

Our queen is a must, she has never put a foot wrong, always looks good and has served our Country well, she is 89 and still working, any other person would have retired 24 years ago, the lesser Royals are her family members, we all have family members...................They are also our heritage, bringing lots of wealth into the Country through tourism, the state banquets are for foreign dignitries securing our trade..................People shout about paying taxes to keep them, but they should do their homework, it costs each person in the Country less than one pence a day and the Palaces provide jobs for thousands of people.........Most of the taxes go to the renovation of our Landmark Buildings, Parks, Palaces and pomp etc - which we need to attract the tourists........If we did not have the queen, then we would not have a Country, it would be a State with no culture or purpose, just another third world Country................ If anything, It's the Politicians we need to get rid of..............

• Upvote 7

We have been very lucky having this queen, as others have said she has behaved herself. We may not be so lucky with the next king & queen (Charlie boy & Camilla) as they may not keep their gobs shut & may stick their noses in where they shouldn't. Oh yeah & we wont be able to vote them out..

• Upvote 2

IF we could have had a referendum(with universal franchise) in 1820 -30 on the monarchy when King George IV was on the throne the "royals" would have been on their way back to Germany (for good)

• Upvote 1