Queen Elizabeth

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

As for saving the monarch, save her from what?

Republicans!     smile2

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all of you out there who love our Queen. Well done Elizabeth We are so proud of you. Click on the link on the right of the page for a picture of the Queen for every year of her reign. http://www

Austerity finally hits the royals

Our queen is a must, she has never put a foot wrong, always looks good and has served our Country well, she is 89 and still working, any other person would have retired 24 years ago, the lesser Royals

• 3 months later...

Thought the above post needed to be on its own. I remember waving my little flag when she passed in front of my house. I thought i was about 10 but i was only 7.

I have been amazed at the response of Italians in respect of the loss of our sovereign. I didn’t expect such sadness and love for her but some of the tributes were heartfelt comments. A friend of my husband put a tribute to the effect that she was crowned 2 days before he was born and had “lived” with her throughout his life and now she has passed the UK and the commonwealth will also pass.

We are about 2500 miles from home, the young Turkish waiter ran around the bar showing everyone on his phone about 10 minutes after the announcement, then speaking to both out daughter & son over an hour/hour & half later, they knew nothing, everything they watch as I think most people now do is on catch up? 

We have been constantly watching tv. There was a great deal of concern for the Queen in the previous days so i presume everyone was expecting the worse. Have been watching also this morning. It has been very emotional. 

• Like 1

@radfordred I agree that 3 score + 10 is a good age and anything over that is a bonus, but you might find you’ll start moving the goalposts bit by bit as you get older.:rolleyes:  (but that’s OK!)

• Like 1

Almost 30 years ago I had an apprentice and one day were discussing what we wanted to be, as kids, when we grew up. I said that I wanted to be an astronaut, to which he looked doubtful and asked why. I then explained that watching the Apollo moon shots and man landing on the moon. To this he replied "did we....when? and looked absolutely astounded. 1969 said I to which he said he wasn't born until 1975.......talk about feeling old!! I felt like I was from a different world 

• Like 1

I feel old when i see my neices and nephews. It doesnt seem 5 minutes since we were all celebratings their births. Most of them are married now and have children of their own. 

The Funeral Director is William Purves, hence the WP on the registration plate.  When the car left Balmoral there was a ‘sticker’ on the window of the hearse showing the name and apparently mid way through the journey to Edinburgh the sticker mysteriously disappeared, old William Purves wasn’t allowed to advertise.   Wonder if Lymns tendered for the job? 

I saw the sticker when the hearse first emerged and thought it odd that such a prominent sticker was on display,,, to hundreds of millions of people around the World.

The only time they stopped was at 1.00pm ish for refuel / food / rest and anything else they all needed to do.

Must have been removed then.

The embalming could have been done in Edinburgh being a 'medical' city.

By the way, did you also notice young Eddie in uniform? Disrespectful to whichever regimental uniform he wore being that he never served in one.

He left the RM's as a yound officer under training. He failed to complete even the the first part of the training course, and went into the theatre. A bit like his great uncle of the same name.

Re the Silver / Black hearses.

I've just found the reg number of the second hearse ,WP 3283 and it will be no surprise that DVLA think it's also a Silver car.

I'd guess that black cars were specified and the silver hearses had a black wrap hastily stuck on them.

As the hearses and funeral directors were "Operating under the Lord Chamberlains authority" and were part of a Police Scotland convoy then I doubt any offence of not notifying colour change has been committed.