Queen Elizabeth

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all of you out there who love our Queen. Well done Elizabeth We are so proud of you. Click on the link on the right of the page for a picture of the Queen for every year of her reign. http://www

Austerity finally hits the royals

Our queen is a must, she has never put a foot wrong, always looks good and has served our Country well, she is 89 and still working, any other person would have retired 24 years ago, the lesser Royals

Genuinely moving scenes with the Queen's children stood vigil and when the people filed past the coffin whilst draped with the flag on the catafalque inside St Giles' Cathedral. The coffin appeared quite "wide" or was it just the camera angle?

4 hours ago, Dark Angel said:

What!  No Rolls Royce with big mudguards, searchlight headlamps and chrome bumpers! 
    Would imagine the logistics would have put paid to horse & carriage.

When we were in Norfolk three or four years ago we visited Sandringham. The Queen had a collection of personal cars of various vintage in a big stable at Sandringham. It Included a 60s mk 2 Zodiac 'shooting brake' with a 'woody' bodywork. There was a fire engine too.

19 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I was morbidly curious about the preparation of the body. You need a bit of kit to complete the embalming process. Perhaps Balmoral has its own mortuary and prep room as possibly do all the main royal residences. They live in a different world from the peasants!

I too had a morbidly curious thought yesterday as to what she may be dressed in. Strange sometimes the things that pop into your head.

What exactly do you do Prince Edward?

Well I open lots of things.

What sort of things?

I opened a door yesterday - footman's day off.

Tonight I'm going to open a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape - if I can find where the butler's put the bally corkscrew.

Tomorrow I'm going to open my bowels - with my physician and valet in attendance of course.

On Thursday I'm going to open my mail with my bejewelled ceremonial sword- full dress uniform for that dont'cha know.

I'm giving myself a day orf on Friday, all this pomp and stuff tires one out.

What are you doing for the weekend?

One usually polishes ones medals on a Saturday with the assistance of a page. I use his shirt flaps.

How did you gain your medals your highness?

Playing gin rummy with the family of course!

On Sunday?

At prayer, thanking the Lord that I am not like other men.

• Like 1

I see Schofield and Willoughby exercised a perk of their media roles to walk through Westminster Hall without needing to queue with the 'common people' on the pretext of recording a segment to be broadcast on Tuesday.  Even if arranged and sanctioned by ITV, it was an unmitigated faux pas.

David Beckham, in contrast, was spot on with the mood of the nation and queued over 13 hours.  Suggestions that he courted publicity were way off beam.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

David Beckham, in contrast, was spot on with the mood of the nation and queued over 13 hours.  Suggestions that he courted publicity were way off beam.

Also hats off to Susanna Reid and Tilda Swinton who also queued, without fuss, to quietly pay their respects 

• Like 1