On This Day

On this day in 1977 I discovered that I was pregnant..............

On this day in 1977 I discovered that I was pregnant..............

As we used to say on Bestwood,.........you tell us who done it' and we'll send the boys round' lol.

• Upvote 1

You are to be commended on your superb efforts with your dad Lizzie. I'm extremely proud of you.

My mother was only 55 when she died. I didn't think too much to it at the time as I was only 28 or something like that and 55 seemed a long time away. I certainly think about it now that I have passed 55 by a few years and still don't seem to have done anything.

# Benji - It was im indoors, I had been married 7 years, didn't get preggars, he had been using his head..........

• Upvote 1

On this day/night in 1967 i went on my Stag night,remember starting with a drink in the Heathfield,then the Park Tavern and Pear Tree,and then the Bus from Basford Crossings into town......................after that its blank...untill waking up in Long Eaton next morning in someones house who i did'nt know from Adam still wearing my Suit which had White footprints all over the Jacket,..........mates told me we had a great night, :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Bet your tie was still straight though, benjamin.

Reminds me of a works 'do' once. One of our crowd got totally pissed and we had to take him home. We got to his terraced street and they all looked similar, he couldn't remember which house was his. After a bit of walking up and down a bit he pointed at one, so we dragged him to it and tried the door which opened. We carried him in and left him spark out on the sofa.

Next morning he came into work late. Did you get to bed ok we asked. No, he says, sometime in the night a bloke came downstairs and chucked me out. He said I lived down the street.

• Upvote 3