Remember when we used to post things like this?

Is it a car park? looks more like a large bird cage.

The Commodore looks really different,what's happened to the other side of the road,didn't there used to be a row of shops on that side? a hairdresser, Ewan Burns from memory? a newsagent,a bottle shop & something else which I can't remember now?

And another .

Different place and area but what was in this gap ?

A Pub?

The Commodore looks really different,what's happened to the other side of the road,didn't there used to be a row of shops on that side? a hairdresser, Ewan Burns from memory? a newsagent,a bottle shop & something else which I can't remember now?

Directly opposite the Commodore is the Aspley Library....my 'second home' as a kid.

The shops are further down, beyond the Nuthall Road/Melbourne Road/Bar Lane junction.

First shop, on the Commodore side, was Pinkett's the newsagents...wasn't it Ann?

They also had a newsagents at the bottom of Bell's Lane.

Wealthy, rather supercillious, family who lived at Nuthall - well away from the 'pond life' who used their shops.....

Do remember their very attractive daughter(s) !yowza!

Cheers

Robt P.

Would it be at the top of the Co-op on Parliament St Red?

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!! you can have it then Rob B)

I certainly ate at the Commodore, Prawn Cocktail,steak & chips or Gammon & Pineapple whichever you felt like on the night,Black Forest Gateau & an Irish coffee. Does anyone remember Valentine the happy waiter/Maitre d who used to work there?