Haven't seen a sign of one in over two years, now I'm doing a spot of grading along my drive way I noticed a pile of "scat" on the side. Scat is the name they give to cat crap.

This "scat" is way to big for dogs poop, and it's furry...Mountain Lion!

Now I have to carry a gun while working, annoying to say the least, but better than ending up as it's next meal.

Everyone should have a mountain lion in their backyards..

That's what the deer are for Ben, lion chow.

Well I should be safe then BW, I'd be a tad on the tough side by now.

I'm pretty safe while the tractor engines running, it should keep it away, but as you say Dave, them things sneak up behind a person.

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

It always cheers me up when I read that a lion has eaten a human! We need many more big cats...so they can eat more humans! 

• Like 3

Mountain lions, real name Cougars. look nothing like African Lions, smaller and the male has no mane, lighter colour too.

Every house should have one, it might stop a few burglarys, and people would feel a lot safer at home. Might even get back to the days of leaving your door unlocked.!!

• Like 1

Roger peatman ???   I need more details..

Chulla, love the Lion and Albert poem.  I remember it was a party piece of one of our friends, sadly now deceased.  He used to recite it just like Stanley Holloway!

14 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

The old burglar would just take in a chunk of meat to keep the cat busy while he pinched the Telly. :biggrin:

I don't think I would like to try, I reckon it would be better to move on to easier pickings!!. Not speaking from experience by the way.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Strangely enough I know that monologue verbatim - God knows how or why!

(I'm sure God DOES know how and why, Phil!!). 

Do you recite it in the correct accent, though?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I can do any accent you choose. Stanley Holloway wasn’t a Lancastrian he was a Londoner so he was just putting it on.:biggrin:

Can't wait till the next meet up that I can attend, would love to hear you do a Glaswegian brummie accent.