Mine neither - once met a gorgeous Georgie on the waltzer........my dad scared him off.....

My mother used to say that when she went to the Goose Fair that she always had naughty bits. I was never really sure what she meant but I gather it was a reference to food. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

I think they were the cock on a stick sweet. not sure, but it seems to ring a bell.........

I thought one or two of you might go down an alternative route on this one and who knows? - perhaps my mother was up to no good at the fair. I do think she was talking about food though and I thought it was possible shellfish? It could be 'cocks on sticks' - I hadn't thought about that.

Every year, I used to buy a monkey on a piece of elastic tied onto a stick, but that's not naughty is it? Before anyone accuses me of cruelty to animals, it was a tiny toy monkey...

I used to work with a few Brummies in Nottingham a few years ago and one of the subjects we spoke about was the origins and traditions of the Goose Fair. They didn't believe me when I tried to describe a ' cock on a stick ' until I brought some in for them!!

If he was a Georgie Blondie he must have been a Rod Stewart fan,if he was a Geordie, well....

Rod Stewart was not invented back then.... t'was 1961..............that's when we had proper singers and proper groups...........

Incidently, he does looks a bit like a cock on a stick, especially with his horrible skinny legs and his reputation.........