Inbox full and cannot clear

Ian, have you tried the following

Go on your profile

Then click Edit Profile

Then bottom on list on the left hand side is My Notifications

Your messages should come up and at the bottom (I think) is the delete button.

Click 'envelope' (picture of) to the left of your ID on top right of page. Click 'view all messages at top of panel. all messages will be viewable. Down right hand side there ar little checkboxes - they are not very obvious. Check the ones you want to delete, Click 'delete' button at bottom of page and Bob's yer uncle!

oakey dokey - i went onto my ipad and access the forums via google chrome browser and then went to the envelope icon top right of the page and then accessed my inbox - can you see the box waiting to be ticked on your tablet? as shown in my photo

photo image1_zpstybbvkdc.png

Thanks engima but I can't even seem to access that page that you have screenshotted after I have signed in. I only have access to a blue coloured page with the forum topics showing? Thanks very much for taking your time to help hopefully we can resolve this problem

Ian, scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see a change theme sign, click it and them click the bottom option. This is what happened to me on Friday. You SHOULD then get the traditional format.

ahhh - it seems you might be using the mobile theme - and the only way to go back to normal is to kindly ask admin to revert it back - i made that mistake ages ago never again lol

once you are back to normal theme mode - you should be able to access messages

• Upvote 1

Just don't chat so blooming much !,,,,,,

There seems to be several topics /posts on this subject, and there is a simple remedy, especially for newbies who aren't up to scratch on the idiosyncrasies of the system.

When PMing a member in order to have a 'private ' natter, then the conversation has finished, then delete it. You can see by the % used how much space is left. I have pm'd many members, but only save a couple or so. My in box has NEVER been more than 10% full.

If you deem it imperative that you save something, then print a hard copy. There really is no reason whatsoever that the pm box is full to capacity. I really don't see what the problem is. Just don't save everything. It may backfire on you !

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but surely prevention is better than a cure.

A sensible idea !

I know people who have normal email boxes (eg Yahoo or Gmail etc) which are absolutely bursting at the seams. Compulsive hoarders who never get rid of anything, like the people you see on those TV programmes with a living room full of newspapers and boxes.

There is a digital equivalent of those hoarders, and they are the types who never delete any emails, so they have everything they've ever received since 2003.

I suspect there may be Nottstalgians who suffer from a similar condition.

• Upvote 1

Suspect is hardly the adequate word Cliff. It seems downright dangerous and incompetent to me.