Smoking in Cars from October.

Will become illegal next week if you have children or young adults on board in ANY motor vehicle, & you smoke.

Harking back to my bus driving days every day on a school run we would have nearly eighty kids puffing away.....................and the driver too !

I suspect this is another nail in the smoker's coffin !

BTW. I don't smoke anymore.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/smoking-in-vehicles

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They'll use any means possible, and some we thought would be impossible to hammer the motorist. Sod the rapist, burgler, kiddie fiddler, drug pusher, animal abusers, bank robber and other downright b

I smoked since I was 13 or 14 years old. Only ever really tried to quit once, 37 years ago. I managed a fortnight without a fag then my mum suddenly died & it was back to the fags. After a hear

Some people do smoke too much though

How is this new law going to be enforced ?

Haven't the police got enough to do without looking for people smoking in their cars while they have a "young" person on board ?

The police can't even prevent people using their mobile phones while driving.(a law I agree with)

P.S. I am also an ex smoker of six years.

• Upvote 1

I think it's the PC brigade again !

As a seventeen year old I used to drive around in my car with a load of mates, all smoking, how could this new law be enforced in that situation.

I accept what the PC brigade are saying about young kids in cars but eighteen year olds ? don't make me laugh.

At sixteen years old teenagers could quite legally be husbands, fathers, members of the armed forces even be homosexuals if they wanted to, but they cannot smoke in a motor vehicle.

Roll on the revolution.

• Upvote 1

Apparently it will be legal for a seventeen year old to smoke if in the car on their own (assuming they have a full licence of course) and it's also OK in a rag-top if the top is fully down.

BW, that reminds me of the Cheech and Chong movies, Up In Smoke, etc.

• Upvote 1

How many people have been stopped from smoking in company vehicles as the law states? how many people have been stopped from smoking in doorways of pubs,shops etc when the law states you cannot smoke outside within 15ft of an open door or window of said pubs and shops, probably none because the old bill have enough to do already

Rog

• Upvote 1

Yeah....and ban shop window displays and women in short skirts and gear levers and music and advertising and have yearly driving tests and MOTs every month and ban driving in heavy rain and on ice and in the dark and if you have a headache or a cold or arthritis....

In fact it would reduce accident figures if cars were kept stationary....they could charge for parking then.

• Upvote 3

What about blowing your nose.... I can easily do that and steer with my knees at the same time !

• Upvote 1