Smoking in Cars from October.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They'll use any means possible, and some we thought would be impossible to hammer the motorist. Sod the rapist, burgler, kiddie fiddler, drug pusher, animal abusers, bank robber and other downright b

I smoked since I was 13 or 14 years old. Only ever really tried to quit once, 37 years ago. I managed a fortnight without a fag then my mum suddenly died & it was back to the fags. After a hear

Some people do smoke too much though

I started smoking when I was 13 or 14 and have only recently managed to stop thanks to an e-cigarette, the ban and cost did not help to stop my nicotine addiction at all I needed a healthier replacement, not perfect but a 1000 times better than fags.

I can't understand why the government does not use e-cigarettes in a similar way to methadone but there again they don't collect vast amounts of tax on narcotics!!!

• Upvote 1

I was a heavy smoker for a number of years(2 x 50 gram packs a week)

I started at the age of 16 & attempted to stop on more than one occasion but always started again.

I think this time I have succeeded as I have goe over six years with out a fag & no E-cigs either or patches just plain will power.

And anyway I could not afford the things now & drink as well & I enjoy my beer(and books) too much. smokingkills

• Upvote 2

I haven't smoked for over thirty years, yet I can still remember the pleasure opening a new pack of Bensons, savouring that tobacco whiff and taking out the first fag. I don't get tempted though, I just think of the thousands of quid I've saved over the years.

• Upvote 2

I smoked since I was 13 or 14 years old.

Only ever really tried to quit once, 37 years ago.

I managed a fortnight without a fag then my mum suddenly died & it was back to the fags.

After a heart attack I soon quit & it was the easiest thing in the world to do, no patches or gum or e-cig thingy, cold turkey, quit for good. Best thing I ever did too. For me quitting was the best thing I ever did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

So do you chuck money into a pub toilet then if you are a drinker ??....its exactly the same.

No it ain't it goes into the Carling barrel.

Smoking even 5 fags a day is not good for you two pins of beer a day may do you good.

• Upvote 1

Smoking is a dirty filthy unhealthy expensive habit,and if you can resist it,with your morning Coffee/tea,after food,after excercise,after sex,and when drinking alcohol, you've cracked it,............its where to start though int'it ?

• Upvote 3

I Have cut down alot,......don't do it in the House,or in the car or in the street except in Bulwell,you look odd in Bulwell if youre not smoking,then theres all the places you can't smoke,this all helps to cut down,.....so the more places that ban it the better,...also only buy 10's now and i buy ones that taste awful. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

I am, I suppose one of the unusal and lucky ones, I've never smoked and never felt the need or wanted to, but after losing my dad at 54 to the dreaded things, then my older brother at 65, but he really died at 60 as he suffered a slow agonising death with emphasemia. It finally got him on new years eve in his sleep.

Anything that helps people stop the disgusting, smelly, horrible habit would be welcome in my eyes.

I know it's an addiction and must be hard to quit, but early death and choking and drowning in your own fluids is far worse IMO.

• Upvote 1

I've never smoked either, but I never preach to other people about what they should do.

Not that I don't dislike it - and I entirely understand how damaging it is, but blanket bans tend to have unintended consequences.

Most people know it's a bad habit and if they indulge then they should be considerate about how it affects others.

Whilst I am delighted that smoking is banned in public places etc. I'm increasingly finding myself a passive smoker because of groups of people standing outside their place of work. The so-called 'Snout-casts'.

My next-door neighbours smoke like chimneys and they go into the garden so that their house doesn't smell of ciggies.

Unfortunately that means that their smoke gets blown into my house if I have a window open.

If someone has a habit then I'm a big fan of people 'vaping'. That at least doesn't produce objectional smoke.

I doubt whether banning smoking in cars will be enforceable, not the least because we now have a police force that can't be bothered to even investigate burglaries.

I saw the other day that 3 officers couldn't be bothered to arrest a violent shoplifter because it was 'too mundane':

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-misconduct-hearing-decision-not-10110855

They'll use any means possible, and some we thought would be impossible to hammer the motorist.

Sod the rapist, burgler, kiddie fiddler, drug pusher, animal abusers, bank robber and other downright bad lots.

Get the easiest targets.

• Upvote 6

Why is it that there is always someone who "Knows better than thou" and insists on making bloody stupid laws in order to make us all conform to their way of living?! In the case of smoking in cars containing children, there are already laws governing behaviour likely to cause harm to minors. If I had my way the doctor who caused this latest restriction on people's right to choose would be shot.....and I DON'T SMOKE! F squared S, just leave us all alone to make our own decisions!

The child can't make a decision as to whether it breathes in cigarette smoke during the car journey. I detest the Nanny State, do-gooders and tree huggers but every now and then a law is made that is good for the well being of the vulnerable in our society. In my opinion banning smoking in vehicles with children is one of those laws.

• Upvote 2

It never harmed my kids !

Anyway, kids don't get to pick their parents. Likewise fat parents who bring up fat kids should be persecuted ?

The PC brigade will make Mc Donalds & KFC over 18s soon at this rate !

You ate worms Kev???? Yuuuuuuccckkk

My parents were pretty heavy smokers, so the house was always full of ciggie smoke.

My dad was a pipe smoker. However, like most folk he didn't light it whilst we kids were in the car.

• 3 years later...