Smoking in Cars from October.

With the move towards hands free phone use being made illegal for drivers surely it is time that smoking at the wheel is banned. It is in Sweden. My Volvo does not have an ash tray, nor did my Saab before it. My dad used to smoke when driving. When driving at night he would use his lighter to light a cigarette so the big flame came up in front of his face. I used to worry about this. Also some drivers chuck the fag ends out of the window creating danger and litter. If a driver needs nicotine while on a journey, how about patches as an alternative?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They'll use any means possible, and some we thought would be impossible to hammer the motorist. Sod the rapist, burgler, kiddie fiddler, drug pusher, animal abusers, bank robber and other downright b

I smoked since I was 13 or 14 years old. Only ever really tried to quit once, 37 years ago. I managed a fortnight without a fag then my mum suddenly died & it was back to the fags. After a hear

Some people do smoke too much though

I can only presume you are not a smoker.

Sweden has not banned smoking in cars. The only ban I'm aware of is where there are children under 18 in the vehicle.

As an ex heavy smoker I can tell you from vast experience that smoking and driving is far less of a distraction than listening to the radio so lets ban that.

CD players? well drivers may be tempted the change tracks or disks so they'll have to go.

Sat Navs? you're having a laugh.

The colour red makes you aggressive so ban red cars.

We're on this forum because we like a bit of history, a little nostalgia so I propose in the interest of Elf n Safety we go back to 1865. 5 mph in the countryside and 2 mph in built up areas - now, who's going  to hold the red flag?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Watch they don't ban us eating a sweet or talking ! Although when madam goes off on one of her monologues, just as the traffic report, or the weather is on, I cringe, grab the wheel tighter, put my foot down and turn the radio up !  girlvboy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Smoked up until a year ago this week.........could still 'Kill' for one,,,.......anyway apart from smoking being bad for your health.......it was always bad for my clothes ,mainly the 'Crotch' on me trousers,,,used to smoke whilst driving and lost count of the times a ''Spark'' fell on them,,,leaving a bleddy hole there.

Been on me bike this morning,,wearing a stylish pair of slim-line tracky bottoms,,stylish apart from the aforementioned hole..........lol.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Brew said:

We're on this forum because we like a bit of history, a little nostalgia so I propose in the interest of Elf n Safety we go back to 1865. 5 mph in the countryside and 2 mph in built up areas - now, who's going  to hold the red flag?

I like that.  ;)

Then I can get one of those electric shopping buggies and drive around all day.

Went and bought meself a cemetary plot yesterday.  Down here in Ga.  My kids will probably have a fit, but I'm not hearing much from them while I'm still in the land of the living.   Guess I should drop in and walk up and down on it once in a while.  Get a bit of use out of it while I can.  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Has it been pre dug ready for immediate occupation?

Not as far as I know.  I've always believed the boy scout motto, "be prepared," and its a long way back to Alberta.  At the end of the day it makes no difference anyway.

31 minutes ago, katyjay said:

At least right now while you are still above the grass, you can see who your neighbours will be!

One of 'em's Mrs. L.   Thinking she'll keep an eye on me, I reckon.  :biggrin: