Nottingham Now

What a great picture!!!!

Good of Nottingham City Planner's to leave Theatre Royal alone,

County Hotel went which was one side of the royal other side was the Empire

Both gone in the name of progress

• Upvote 2

Ah yes the word progress - no matter where you live that word by the planner covers a multitude of things meaning knock it down and get rid of it and build an eyesore.

Round here the other phrase is - "It will blend in" when what they mean is over the years we will get used to seeing it!!!!

• Upvote 3

To go back on the phrase "Blending in" in Tamworth when they were building the big cowshed know as the Snowdome they want to put it next to the Castle on the Castle ground using that phrase. Luckily a lynch mob rallied round at the council offices so it was put up a little way away.

One other phrase they used to get it through is "It will bring jobs in". Best wishes

Peter

Ah yes, the old chestnut, it will create xxxxx number of jobs, as if muttering those magical words will circumvent planning constraints. Or another one I hate with a vengence is "think of the children", pass the bucket I want to vomit.

NO! you can't build houses on green fields but you can cover them up with solar panels! Now "Tescotown" is planned to increase by more than a 1/3 so why not put the solar panes on their roofs or at least do what they did in the war, camouflage the damned things. If many more of these 'aircraft hangers' are built adjacent to a motorway we could finish up going to see 'Compo' for a sight of countryside!

In this area, the powers that be wont be satisfied until there is a concrete and tarmac diamond encompassing Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Sheffield. As I've said previously, if you want your grandkids to see some countryside, take them as soon as possible as there won't be any in ten years time.

No offence to compo, but it's a bit grim up there weather wise.

I once went to Kinlochleven for a fortnight when the kids were little it rained 12 days out of 14. Grim indeed.