I'm semi retired,only semi because i don't have any all consuming Hobby (and need the money for me holidays) on here we have a few that have a passion for different things,buses,trains,planes,tools,Gardening to name but a few,and i like to take the 'mick' in a nice way i hope,........and they take it in good part (by and large) which is one of the things i like about the 'forum',really i'm jealous of them,but we're all different thank God.

Anyway what bought all this to mind was i read in this mornings Paper about some 'Odd ball hobbies,

1. chap who collects 'Handsaws'

2. bloke who travels the country taking 'Photo's' of 'Postboxes'

3. three men that travel the country measuring hills.

4. another who's got 20,ooo Milk Bottles.

5. Man who built his own ww1 Tank,and keeps it in his front garden.

6. chap in Scotland who's kept a diary of each time he's mowed his Lawn since 1984.

My Question is WHY ?

I think it makes 'our lot' look almost normal,............Got to go now,i'm going to Iron my collection of 'TIES' before photographing em...LOL.

• Upvote 10

My goodness, there's some cranky bu66ers around aren't there. I'm so pleased for this little sanctuary of sanity. LOL

It's not seeing the ark that worries me, it's the thought of all those animals crapping everywhere.

• Upvote 2

I used to collect beer mats when I was in my late teens/early twenties. Don't have them now and have no idea when I got rid of them

• 2 weeks later...

I collect egg cups, slowed down these past few years though, as my shelves are full. I have over 200 which as collections go, is not huge. Lot of interesting ones though.